Caravan Detection, but nobody's attacking....

Started by AnubisGoddess, September 09, 2020, 05:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnubisGoddess

I tried to get help on Steam for this, but I guess no one knew what to do or even experienced this. Here's what I was asking help for:

So I got this event where my caravan was detected, even though I never set up one since landing (I have Rimcities and an abandoned city was usually mine to claim. I guess crash landing in a place is considered being in a caravan??). So I gathered my colonists and sent them on an actual caravan (separately because selecting more than 2 colonists causes my game to freeze for a time...). So now everyone is on a different tile, and I'm getting notifications on the enemies arriving (colonists from New Arrivals are attacking?? Isn't my crew "New Arrivals"?). But I'm not seeing any appearing on the map and some reminders of enemy reinforcements were coming up in a row. I got 5 so far, and granted I'm playing on Randy Builder (any higher and my laptop will freeze or restart), I'm not sure if this is a bug, a setting thing, or if I'm supposed to fight off at least one of the raiding parties before taking off on a caravan. I haven't gotten any loading errors, thankfully, so I'm not sure what's supposed to happen. I did look through dev mode and got an error mentioning something about nothing appearing:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1616185079750412531/4276F90DA0E5D93224CD2077DCF03B48C1F3FD88/

It's the bottom two red lines. Yes, I have a lot of mods (like 300+), but the only one that's sort of not on version is the Jectools version of MGS CQC. Other than that, no major red errors occurred on loadup, but this event is stuck on a loop. Luckily, it doesn't affect my gameplay or anything, it's just not knowing how to end it even through devmode.

Red lines looks blurred... Here's what the lines are saying:

2 Faction Alliance of Eada of def PlayerColony has no any PawnGroupMakers. (I've since had the city renamed to this, that's why it's different now)
1 Got no pawns spawning raid from parms target=Map-0-PlayerHome, points=375.9248, raidStrategy=ImmediateAttack

So yeah, I don't know how this happened. As far as conflicts, I only had a few yellow errors, they're usually negligible, right? Or should I be more concerned with them?

Pheanox

I am going to move this to the mod help forum.  This bug forum is meant for bugs with vanilla gameplay.  I'm not super strict about this, as we do want to support mod compatibility but in this instance I think you will get better help there.

AnubisGoddess

AnubisGoddess

Had to start a new colony because the one I had this problem on, something updated and I couldn't load it up, but it's the same problem.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1616185636257955249/8F207FA2A36EB723A6F25CB9FDB307E315B5342C/

This time, with the alert. I'm sure it'll be fine when I remove all of the mods, but with them, I don't know what causes this. I'm trying this out with a new colony without mods, but...it's not coming up as quick as it did on the new modded one (may have to sacrifice the test vanilla colony. I can't even devmode the incident to see if it's normal without mods). I was hoping the new update would address this, but no...

Eichkater

Hey,

I had the same issue when I played with Save our Ship 2. It had some conflict with Giddy up, but that has been fixed.

The thing is that when you play with 300+ Mods there is no way how to tell which one is causing the problem. So far I've made the experience that you get helped around here a lot quicker when you upload the complete error log.

You can always deactivate a couple of mods, check if the error occurs and repeat... until you found the problem. Takes time, thou.

AnubisGoddess

Quote from: Eichkater on September 13, 2020, 12:00:31 PM
Hey,

I had the same issue when I played with Save our Ship 2. It had some conflict with Giddy up, but that has been fixed.

The thing is that when you play with 300+ Mods there is no way how to tell which one is causing the problem. So far I've made the experience that you get helped around here a lot quicker when you upload the complete error log.

You can always deactivate a couple of mods, check if the error occurs and repeat... until you found the problem. Takes time, thou.

Yeah, I was meaning to do that, but I had work this week and forgot. I'm gonna try and see if it was Giddy-up since I do use some of the mods in that mod set. If it's not that anymore and it still goes on, I'll just have to dig around some more.

AnubisGoddess

Finally managed to get the error logs I mentioned. It's these two (again, made a new colony by now, so it's different than my initial one):

Faction Phoenix Itheron Covenant of def PlayerColony has no any PawnGroupMakers.
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
RimWorld.<GeneratePawns>d__1:MoveNext()
System.Linq.Enumerable:Any(IEnumerable`1)
JecsTools.HarmonyPatches:GeneratePawns(PawnGroupMakerParms, IEnumerable`1&)
RimWorld.PawnGroupMakerUtility:RimWorld.PawnGroupMakerUtility.GeneratePawns_Patch1(PawnGroupMakerParms, Boolean)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_Raid:RimWorld.IncidentWorker_Raid.TryExecuteWorker_Patch0(IncidentWorker_Raid, IncidentParms)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_RaidEnemy:TryExecuteWorker(IncidentParms)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker:RimWorld.IncidentWorker.TryExecute_Patch2(IncidentWorker, IncidentParms)
RimWorld.Planet.TimedDetectionRaids:CompTick()
RimWorld.Planet.WorldObject:Tick()
RimWorld.Planet.MapParent:Tick()
RimWorld.Planet.Settlement:Tick()
Cities.City:Tick()
RimWorld.Planet.WorldObjectsHolder:WorldObjectsHolderTick()
RimWorld.Planet.World:WorldTick()
Verse.TickManager:Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick_Patch2(TickManager)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Got no pawns spawning raid from parms target=Map-0-PlayerHome, points=1064.426, raidStrategy=ImmediateAttack
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_Raid:RimWorld.IncidentWorker_Raid.TryExecuteWorker_Patch0(IncidentWorker_Raid, IncidentParms)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_RaidEnemy:TryExecuteWorker(IncidentParms)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker:RimWorld.IncidentWorker.TryExecute_Patch2(IncidentWorker, IncidentParms)
RimWorld.Planet.TimedDetectionRaids:CompTick()
RimWorld.Planet.WorldObject:Tick()
RimWorld.Planet.MapParent:Tick()
RimWorld.Planet.Settlement:Tick()
Cities.City:Tick()
RimWorld.Planet.WorldObjectsHolder:WorldObjectsHolderTick()
RimWorld.Planet.World:WorldTick()
Verse.TickManager:Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick_Patch2(TickManager)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I'm trying to find a mod list since I don't have Mod Manager active, but yeah.

AnubisGoddess

Got the modlist: https://pastebin.com/raw/VxpaqhiC

I can't seem to get a full error log since it hasn't popped up after loading, so besides devmode, which only really gave me what's going on in-game rather than loading it, I don't know where else to look for it.

Ah, is there a way to force test the caravan detection alert? I still can't find a way to do it through devmode.

Canute

Hugslib got a nice feature "Share log".
You can either use the green button at the log window or press CTRL-F12, that let you upload modlist, patchlist and current log and give you a link to share.
Just for the next time you like to share the modlist :-)

The original logfile (player.log) can be found at the saved data area.

But honestly, it is nearly impossible to find out what mod cause the problem.
It could be from a faction or race mod, some appareal/weapon or just a generel mod that patch something.

The caravan detection alert isn't familar for me, do you know what mod add this ?

Maybe try out if the problem happen at a newly created colony.
You can use the hugslib feature quickstart, Shift-leftclick top right icon to create a test colony.
Form a caravan, let it instantly form, then select the caravan on the worldmap.
Maybe safe at this point, so you can reuse it for further test.
Debug action, Do incident (caravan) show your the possible incidents, use the detection and check if it works or not.

If it don't work's then deactivate mods, and try it again.

AnubisGoddess

Quote from: Canute on September 18, 2020, 04:32:15 PM
Hugslib got a nice feature "Share log".
You can either use the green button at the log window or press CTRL-F12, that let you upload modlist, patchlist and current log and give you a link to share.
Just for the next time you like to share the modlist :-)

The original logfile (player.log) can be found at the saved data area.

But honestly, it is nearly impossible to find out what mod cause the problem.
It could be from a faction or race mod, some appareal/weapon or just a generel mod that patch something.

The caravan detection alert isn't familar for me, do you know what mod add this ?

Maybe try out if the problem happen at a newly created colony.
You can use the hugslib feature quickstart, Shift-leftclick top right icon to create a test colony.
Form a caravan, let it instantly form, then select the caravan on the worldmap.
Maybe safe at this point, so you can reuse it for further test.
Debug action, Do incident (caravan) show your the possible incidents, use the detection and check if it works or not.

If it don't work's then deactivate mods, and try it again.
Caravan Detection is base game. I thought it was a mod thing as well since I have Vanilla Events Expanded, but it wasn't.

I wasn't sure about the log file since I played while and got worried that the critical info got overwritten. I'll have to restart my game to get a fresh log.

I did attempt to test this out before on a test colony, but I didn't know there were other stuff to it. I'll try again.

AnubisGoddess

I hope I did this right, but I went back to my (slowly dying...) test colony and sent a caravan out. I tried to find that option to fire off the alert, but I couldn't find it. I'll have to reload my modded one and get a clean log from it to see what's triggering it.

.....This shouldn't even be happening on the home map, I don't think, because when I tested this the first time, it didn't come up within the first few days of a new vanilla colony. Especially when I never had sent out caravan. And I don't have SOS2, so there's that.

EDIT: Here's the full start up log list: https://gist.github.com/42ee7bfa5d22d9667eaff00df5334713

AnubisGoddess

So with the current lineup of 195 mods I have and sending off a caravan and back, the detection event fired off normally, as it appeared on the quest map rather than the base like before. I'll continue to add more mods and find the faulty one.

UPDATE: Added some more up to 249 mods. Nothing of note so far. I did end up getting a glitch where my colonists couldn't shoot anything, but it cleared up when I added some more mods.

Canute

Finding the bad mod is an annoying and long task.
RimPy an external modmanager allow you to manipulate the modlist even before you start Rimworld.

AnubisGoddess

Quote from: Canute on September 20, 2020, 02:58:05 AM
Finding the bad mod is an annoying and long task.
RimPy an external modmanager allow you to manipulate the modlist even before you start Rimworld.
Ah? I'll try it out. It was going okay so far, I even had to fix a glitch that popped up.

AnubisGoddess

Someone contacted me on Steam saying that Rimcities might be the one causing this problem. I'll be testing this out to see if that's the case, maybe later on in the week since I'll be busy.

EDIT: So it's beginning to look like Rimcities is behind the errors, since I tested this out again and got the alert within the city.