Allied trader's BEAVER eat my Anima tree !

Started by khun_poo, September 10, 2020, 07:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khun_poo

Sorry, it's hit me unaware in the middle of the night. The trader come to visit me, loitering around and about to leave.

Before they get out of the map, they decide to come in my dining room to have a table to eat their meal before journey. Suddenly, their pet alphabeaver spot my Anima tree in the prayer room, middle of my base next to the dining room. It open the door by itself to the said room and zoom to the tree. then all I heard next is the Anima scream which told me all the situation.

This is not a bug but this shouldn't work as intended though. I have a free meal on the shelf next to the dining table, it's fine to me if that beaver eat it not the precious tree in the closed room!

FYI, my map is arid shrub land that have low tree which maybe what caused it to happen.

TL;DR If you're tribal and you did build base around Anima tree. If you found a friendly trader with an alphabeaver. You have 3 options
1.) Buy all their beaver, immediately restrict its area, butcher them all or whatever.
2.) Wall off the tree. Don't forget to unroof area.
3.) Kill or chase the trader away (which make them hostile)

Canute

Beaver thoughts:
"hungry"
"cactus blehh"
"2leg food, hmmm"
"nice shiny tree, give nice dreams, YEAH!"

AileTheAlien

This feels like a needed feature - when the beaver eats the tree, it should be considered "guilty" like a captured raider, so you can kill it without consequence.

Ukas

Rimworld at its best when stuff like this happens lol. Kind of makes me miss alphabeaver events too.

But as a solution use Trading spot mod. Used wrongly you can for example direct traders & caravans between your base and raiders, but just don't use it that way. What I do is I build a simple heated & unfloored caravanserai, so caravans don't always run away if it gets too cold for example. You can put tables in there too, so they don't run inside you rooms with animals to have a meal.