Transport Pod/Caravan interface shows up blank, non-functional.

Started by TheAndrew1997, September 12, 2020, 09:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAndrew1997

Exception filling window for RimWorld.Dialog_LoadTransporters: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.Dialog_LoadTransporters.RimWorld.Dialog_LoadTransporters.DoWindowContents_Patch0(RimWorld.Dialog_LoadTransporters,UnityEngine.Rect)
  at Verse.Window.InnerWindowOnGUI (System.Int32 x) [0x00165] in <d72310b4d8f64d25aee502792b58549f>:0

I've looked around and I've narrowed it down to the MinifyEverything Mod and the fact i had minified a transport pod however destroying it or even loading a save from before i did that still won't fix the issue. What's interesting is that i just so happen to have a caravan out and on a different tile the pods (and SRTS ships) work perfectly fine but once i reach the home tile i'm stuck, i can't form another caravan, use pods (or ships) and I'm completely perplexed since everything was working fine and then it just stopped.

The error code doesn't mention any item or anything so idk what else to do.

Here's the logs https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/f035cc10008d6478affee7b2aa8ce717

TheAndrew1997

Canute

Hi,
why do you think we need a video, when the log allready show an error ? :-)
There are 2 patches with "DoWindowContents_Patch" 
- ImprovedWorkbenches (Better Workbench Management)
- TD_Enhancement_Pack
Try to deactivate one and check if that helps.

One of your mod's refer to many Royalty stuff (Drape,Finetile's) !
And you got many other error's, i can't say how they affect your problem.
My suggestion are allways, avoid mod's that throw out errors.

TheAndrew1997

Hey,

Thanks so much for replying!

I showed the video to display that it works on any tile other than my home tile which is odd. I did some more testing in the meantime and using the "Refog map" command fixes it and it breaks when my freezer and workshop area are "revealed" i have no clue how or why, maybe something is stored there in a stockpile or on a workbench.

From what you've said this leads me to believe there's some recipe that "breaks" this, I'll do some more testing and try disabling your mods and get back to you.

Thanks again,

TheAndrew1997

Hello again,

After a bit more troubleshooting I was able to figure out that the "Variety Matters" was conflicting with the canned foods from "Vanilla Foods- Expanded", but also I was able to find a minified vent that wasn't able to be drawn so i deleted that as well, but deleting the canned foods seems to fix it the minified vent just caused a bunch of errors to pop up.

Thanks again for your help, it seems to be fixed for now. ^_^

Canute