Option to Have New Stockpiles Set to Not Allow Anything

Started by Damien Hart, August 10, 2014, 01:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damien Hart

I typically make specific stockpiles for individual resources, so it takes longer for me to uncheck everything each time I make a stockpile than it would to just check the one or two things I want.

It would be much more convenient if I could just check an option to have all items disallowed when designating a new stockpile.

Somz

:o

Disabling everything takes about maybe 4 clicks. Food, raw resource, manufactured resource, apparel.
Items, weapons, chunks and corpses (except for already buried ones) are disabled to begin with.
It's not that big of a discomfort in the rear end in my opinion. ^^

But changing it isn't that hard if I'm not mistaken, maybe you could do it with some xml editing yourself, but I've never tried, some help of a more experienced individual would do the trick, probably.
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

Damien Hart

It's not a problem at first, but when you make a lot of stockpiles, and are constantly moving them around, it gets to be quite tedious.

But yeah, xml may be an option, though I have no idea where to start.

Dr. Z

I've got just little experience with modding, but I just looked around the Defs Folder and I can't find anything regarding stockpiles. If you're unlucky they're defined in DLLs. And I've no clue how to mod them.
Prasie the Squirrel!

theapolaustic1

Would love for this option. Or at the very least, for everything to be wrapped under an "all" category so that I can disable everything in a single click.

RawCode

default settings for objects is what we need at this part.

Rahjital

I think the ideal solution would be to allow selecting multiple stockpiles and changing settings for all of them at once. That way, you could simply uncheck everything in the stockpiles once instead of doing for every single stockpile. This would be especially useful for equipment racks.

For now, you can place dumping stockpiles instead of regular ones, they have less options to uncheck (Chunks and Corpses only)

Damien Hart

Quote from: Rahjital on August 11, 2014, 11:17:11 AM
I think the ideal solution would be to allow selecting multiple stockpiles and changing settings for all of them at once. That way, you could simply uncheck everything in the stockpiles once instead of doing for every single stockpile. This would be especially useful for equipment racks.

For now, you can place dumping stockpiles instead of regular ones, they have less options to uncheck (Chunks and Corpses only)

That's fine when you have them all designated already, but when you're making new ones, you still have to set them individually, hence why I asked to change the default settings.