Looking for a mod that changes the way components are acquired

Started by AnActualDuck, September 13, 2020, 01:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnActualDuck

This would make it so if you never mined any, never traded for any, and didn't start with any you could still acquire components and progress through the entire research tree.

I'd make components researchable after the smithy table and craftable at the smithy table. Having them here seems more appropriate for technology progression since the machining table requires them. For balance I'd just make the amount of time it takes to make one at a smithy table high enough to make mass production in the early game not worthwhile. Then each more advanced table (machining, fabrication) can have a decreased required work time so production can keep up with the increasing requirements as tech advances.

Looking around I can find mods that make them craftable at the machining table. However, as mentioned, the machining table requires components to itself be crafted. I'm looking to create a complete sense of independent tech advancement by being able to get through the entire research tree without the need to start with, trade for, or mine components.