Dickhead traders steal my best meals.

Started by Quibs, September 17, 2020, 08:19:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quibs

Hi, so EVERY single time a trader caravan visits my colony they raid my freezer and help themselves to my most expensive food. It's so annoying to just have to watch my remaining lavish meals be wasted when my colony is already suffering a morale crash after an infestation. It's difficult to understand why this issue, which does not add flavour or enjoyment, is (still) in the game. Imagine stealing from an organised group in a lawless world - you would realistically get killed, banished or maimed as punishment! Instead our allies treat us like a subservient bitch faction and our freezers like food banks. That's right, it's not like we can go to their bases and help ourselves like they do. So, how can I stop it?

Related to allied mental breaks in general, when I rescue a downed ally, patch him up, and watch him walk halfway towards the map edge (looking forward to my +12 good will!), he/she goes on a food binge and heads back to my freezer, and there's nothing you can do to prevent it apart from replacing the doors to your freezer with WALLS for a day until the break subsides, starving your own colonists in the meantime. Arresting turns the whole faction hostile! This problem extends to other breaks you would never allow your colonists to go on, but are forced to simply watch pan out when it's an ally, like fire-starting in the munitions/chemfuel room. If it was reasonable you would be able to arrest him without consequence and/or the faction he belongs to would be indebted to you for damages... Imagine allowing some lunatic stranger wander in and devour your low food stocks in a survival situation! It makes no sense, and happens enough that stockpiling lavish meals just isn't worth it. At the moment I resort to entering dev mode and wack the criminal pawn for 10 damage, making it forget it was in the act of stealing and return back to the trader area. Having to do this makes me hate playing and I usually quit soon after.
Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Canute

Hi,
that trader or visitor use your food should be disabled long time ago, ofcouse a newly bug could reenable it but then more people would report it.
Some more information would be useful.
What rimworld version do you use (at the main menu top left you see 1.2.2753 if you use the latest version).
Do you use mods, then your modlist (modconfig.xml)
Do you have any error's at the log window (you need to enable developer mode at the options, then you can open the logwindow with the top left icon). Then logfile (player.log at the saved data folder) would be useful too.

Pheanox