[Mod Help] Need help with items that apply stats

Started by ABiX, September 18, 2020, 05:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABiX

So ive been making a mod that expands on pre-electricity gameplay. Muskets and chainmail vests that can be made at a smithy, jerky for early meat storage... and a helmet that matches up with the plate armor: the plate helm.

The plate helmet is giving me trouble however, as I need to balance its superior protection by reducing stats on pawns. specifically sight, hearing, and talking. Afterall, its hard to see though eye-slits, carry a conversation with your hearing and speaking muffled... and of course, you cant aim down the sights of a gun while wearing a full helmet. This should be enough to balance what would essentially be the best full head protection until you get power armor.

Ive figured out how to apply an accuracy debuff, but I dont know how to make wearing the plate helm apply a seeing, speaking or hearing debuff.
Specifically Im looking for what I could put under 'equippedStatOffsets' to reduce sight, hearing, and speaking.

RawCode

small remark:
this is very bad game design, especially when you apply penalty to social, it's just about getting helmet every time you want to chat with trader just to put it back moment later.

vanilla items defined in XML you should just check how basic items defined and do the dame with negative offsets, like cowbow hat with +10 social, just make it -20 for helmet