[1.2.2753][Royalty]Rimworld stuck at initializing on Mac

Started by mindlar, September 18, 2020, 09:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mindlar

On my mac laptop (MacBook Pro 2015) I've been playing Rimworld happily for close to 1000 hours.

Recently the game has started to hang and give the spinning beachball of death at the "Initializing" step of startup. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and the problem persists. It hangs indefinitely and my Mac reports it as "Application Not Responding". While in this state it does not respond to Force Quit, but can be killed from the command line.

I suspect that there may be some mod incompatibility, but cannot get far enough in the startup process to manipulate the set of mods in game and I don't recall adding any additional mods since the last time I was able to successfully start the game. On my Windows laptop with an identical set of mods, the game loads up normally.

I'm at a loss for how to get things working again.

Canute

Hi,
basicly a question for support not bugs ! :-)
At first you should try to start rimworld without mods, delete the modconfig.xml
You should find it in Config at
Mac: Users/<YourUserName>/Library/Logs/Unity/RimWorld by Ludeon Studios/

If rimworld can start without mods, it is definitv a mod issue, then you should rebuild your modlist at small step. Try to avoid mod's that arn't made for your version at first.

But when Rimworld don't start even without mod maybe the logfile could give some hints.
Attach the whole player.log, can be found at the same location like above, You need to use Reply first before you see file attachment options.