MAKE RESEARCH MORE INDEPTH (IDEA)

Started by Milten, September 19, 2020, 07:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milten

ok, so basically Ive played Rimworld for like well over 400 hours and the research bit is just, click this and add X,Y,Z etc in the que (since im using the researchpal mod) is so repetitive and so I feel like it is being wasted wasted
so to make research more fun why dont add some backstory after every research thing was done, so like when you just finished researching batteries there is a backstory such as: after countless hours of trying to somehow store electric power in a metal, (names of researchers that contributed to the research) have found the solution; trap it in chemfuel trapped in a metal container,
but obviously something more creative, make it somewhat like what the statues and masterwork items have: this statue resembles Veronica shanking a rat right through its lungs on 11th Aprimay 5502
and that would be followed by making the battery now cost only lets say 80 steel and 25 chemfuel, and that would have to follow by giving the possibility of harvesting chemfuel from wild boomalopes and boomrats to have easier access to chemfuel, but to research the whole battery research yould first need to have like 5 steel and 1 chemfuel to have the materials needed to research

I think that this by itself to the whole research part of the game would be more than enough to make a 1.3 (or 1.4 if if the devs already know what 1.3 will be and are working on it)

I just feel like it would add that much extra to the game mechanics

Milten

even tho its very unlikely If somehow a dev does see this please do not email me as I just dont check my email, I will try and check this thread at least once a day tho and from here I can go on to email once I know I have contact

I am also more than happy to help on making the "backstories"
and or trying to make the need if certain materials possible to obtain to start the research

RicRider

I feel like the three mods Random Research, Tech Sales and Tech Advancing should be base game or configurable options at least in the Custom storyteller. It wouldn't hurt to have a good looking research tree like ResearchPal or Fluffy's Research or even Dub's one is pretty good though a totally different approach.

And some more addons to the multianalyzer would be good too but thank God there's awesome mods for this that add computers and terminals and even countertops.

I think the current Vanilla research is bland and the biggest annoyance of the default interface is the inability to set up a queue and the multiple tabs and the mess that using mods creates in it.
##Coding Scrub##