Storyteller raids and quest raids

Started by Alenerel, September 25, 2020, 03:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alenerel

I have found this rather deadly problem a couple of times. Maybe you take a quest that comes with a moderate raid or two and you think you can take it, and you can, with some injuries and defenses broken... Nothing crazy. The problem is that sometimes the storyteller decides that its raid time in the middle (or right after, or right before) of those quest raids, and turns a moderate raid into a certain death.

We can do this in two main ways:
- The storyteller takes out points from the raid hes making based on the raids from the quests. Example: storyteller has ready a 1500 point raid. If you get 1000 points raid from a quest, those points get subtracted from the storyteller raid, leaving it into a 500 point raid.
- The storyteller gives a grace period. If he has a 1000 point raid read and a quest raid is coming or just happened, give me 1 or 2 days to recover and then send that 1000 point raid.

What is happening right now is that I select a difficulty that I consider adequate, and the storyteller has prepared an acceptable raid of, lets say 1000 points, but if I have the bad luck of accepting a quest with raids at the same time, Im effectively doubling or tripling the points, and thus, the difficulty.