Game freezing at "Generating Map for New Encounter" with all mods off

Started by RandomHero, September 23, 2020, 10:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomHero

I got a quest where pirates set up a weather controller, and to stop permanent Fog, I have to caravan to kill the pirates. But the game hangs at "Generating Map for New Encounter". I have about 12-15 mods that are just regular quality of life things, and 3 of them are for 1.1. I disabled all mods, and it still hangs. I don't see any errors in the debug log with the mods enabled. When I disable the mods, I see a bunch of errors about missing mods, but that's it. And when the map tries to load, I don't see anything because the game seems to be frozen. Might be unrelated, but I've also recently started getting hangs when I exit/exit to menu after saving.

CPU and Memory is low/normal usage when it happens too. My caravan has 19 pawns in it and there are 41 pirates.

Hmm. I loaded a 3 minute earlier save (mods all loaded) and it didn't hang. So I guess my immediate problem is solved, but still seems like a problem with the game.

Canute

Hi,
when error's show up at the log window's it is allways a sign that something is wrong.
In this case Rimworld grouses that he can't find the def's at your safegame from all the deactivated mods.
This mean the picture is pointless (but at last you made a good quality screenshot and not a shot with a smartphone :-) ).

But that you encounter some lag/freeze on a raid or when you got a new encounter map is normal.
Rimworld focus to generate the map/raid and the normal map activty got interrupted.
Depend on your progress/wealth status that freeze is minor to a few seconds. That is unavoidable.

When after/during the freeze show up some error's at the logfile then there is something wrong, but mosttimes a mod issue.
When this happen, you should post the logfile ! At the option you find a button "Open saved data folder" where you should find player.log the actual logfile.
When you use Reply button you should see file attachment options.
The logfile normaly include the modlist if you loaded a safegame, otherwhile at the safe location you find the Config folder and inside the ModConfig.xml the modlist (better way then you used).

You don't need it, but you could add Hugslib mod, it offer some feature like upload a complex modlist,patch,logfile and give you a link to share it. (Green "Share logs" button at the logwindow).

And you should verify your mods, i never saw mods like Outfit or Crafting (and couldn't find them at the workshop either).

RandomHero

Quote from: Canute on September 23, 2020, 11:30:07 AM
when error's show up at the log window's it is allways a sign that something is wrong. In this case Rimworld grouses that he can't find the def's at your safegame from all the deactivated mods.

There were no errors until I turned off the mods, though.

Quote from: Canute on September 23, 2020, 11:30:07 AMwhen error's show up at the log window's it is allways a sign that something is wrong. In this case Rimworld grouses that he can't find the def's at your safegame from all the deactivated mods.But that you encounter some lag/freeze on a raid or when you got a new encounter map is normal. Rimworld focus to generate the map/raid and the normal map activty got interrupted. Depend on your progress/wealth status that freeze is minor to a few seconds. That is unavoidable.

Unfortunately, the freeze is for minutes+ (i waited 3-4 minutes and nothing in the log on screen, so I kill the program)

Quote from: Canute on September 23, 2020, 11:30:07 AMWhen after/during the freeze show up some error's at the logfile then there is something wrong, but mosttimes a mod issue. When this happen, you should post the logfile ! At the option you find a button "Open saved data folder" where you should find player.log the actual logfile.
When you use Reply button you should see file attachment options. The logfile normaly include the modlist if you loaded a safegame, otherwhile at the safe location you find the Config folder and inside the ModConfig.xml the modlist (better way then you used). You don't need it, but you could add Hugslib mod, it offer some feature like upload a complex modlist,patch,logfile and give you a link to share it. (Green "Share logs" button at the logwindow).

I will check this out. Thanks.

Quote from: Canute on September 23, 2020, 11:30:07 AMAnd you should verify your mods, i never saw mods like Outfit or Crafting (and couldn't find them at the workshop either).

The mod name has commas in it, so its a bit confusing. It's called "[KV] Save Storage, Outfit, Crafting, Drug, & Operation Settings", which just lets me import/export my storage/configuration from game to game. Hopefully I can get Hugslib which will give a better mod list.

RandomHero

Log uploaded on Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 1:04:46 PM
Loaded mods:
Harmony(brrainz.harmony)[mv:1.0.4.0]: 0Harmony(2.0.2), HarmonyMod(1.0.4)
Core(Ludeon.RimWorld): (no assemblies)
Royalty(Ludeon.RimWorld.Royalty): (no assemblies)
HugsLib(UnlimitedHugs.HugsLib)[ov:8.0.1]: 0Harmony(av:2.0.2,fv:1.2.0.1), HugsLib(av:1.0.0,fv:8.0.1)
RimHUD(Jaxe.RimHUD): RimHUD(1.6.7)
Accurate Mortars(Nick2565.Accurate.Mortars): (no assemblies)
Animal Tab(fluffy.animaltab)[mv:4.7.272]: AnimalTab(av:4.0.0,fv:4.7.272)
Medical Tab(fluffy.medicaltab)[mv:3.4.91]: DynamicPawnTable(1.0.0), MedicalInfo(av:3.0.0,fv:3.4.91)
[KV] Save Storage, Outfit, Crafting, Drug, & Operation Settings(savestoragesettings.kv.rw)[ov:1.2.0.0]: 0Harmony(av:2.0.2,fv:1.2.0.1), SaveStorageSettings(1.0.0)
RPG Style Inventory(Sandy.RPGStyleInventory): Sandy_Detailed_RPG_Inventory(1.0.0)
Camera+(brrainz.cameraplus)[mv:2.0.4.0]: 0Harmony(av:2.0.2,fv:1.2.0.1), CameraPlus(2.0.4)
[KV] Trading Spot(tradingspot.kv.rw)[ov:1.2.0.0]: TradingSpot(1.0.0)
Fixable Mood Debuffs Alert(fyarn.FixableMoodDebuffsAlert): Fixable_Mood_Debuffs_Alert(1.0.0)
Rimworld Search Agency(Storage.Search.RSA): 0Harmony(av:2.0.2,fv:1.2.0.1), RSA.Core(0.1.1), RSA(2.4.1)
[FSF] More Quests(FrozenSnowFox.MoreQuests): (no assemblies)
Smart Colonist Bar(NotooShabby.BetterColonistBar): NotooShabby.RimWorldUtility(av:1.0.7506.31127,fv:1.0.0), BetterColonistBar(av:1.0.7506.31127,fv:1.0.0)

Active Harmony patches:
Building.GetGizmos: post: SaveStorageSettings.Patch_Building_GetGizmos.Postfix
Building_Storage.GetGizmos: post: SaveStorageSettings.Patch_BuildingStorage_GetGizmos.Postfix
CameraDriver.ApplyPositionToGameObject: TRANS: CameraPlus.CameraDriver_ApplyPositionToGameObject_Patch.Transpiler
CameraDriver.CalculateCurInputDollyVect: post: CameraPlus.CameraDriver_CalculateCurInputDollyVect_Patch.Postfix
CameraDriver.Update: TRANS: CameraPlus.CameraDriver_Update_Patch.Transpiler
CameraDriver.get_CurrentViewRect: TRANS: CameraPlus.CameraDriver_CurrentViewRect_Patch.Transpiler
CameraDriver.get_CurrentZoom: PRE: CameraPlus.CameraDriver_CurrentZoom_Patch.Prefix
ColonistBar.ColonistBarOnGUI: post: BetterColonistBar.HarmonyPatches.ColonistBarOnGUI_Patch.Postfix
ColonistBarColonistDrawer.DrawColonist: TRANS: BetterColonistBar.HarmonyPatches.ColonistBarColonistDrawer_DrawColonist_Patch.Transpiler
ColonistBarColonistDrawer.DrawIcons: TRANS: BetterColonistBar.HarmonyPatches.ColonistBarColonistDrawer_DrawIcons_Patch.Transpiler
ColonistBarDrawLocsFinder.CalculateColonistsInGroup: PRE: BetterColonistBar.HarmonyPatches.ColonistBarDrawLocsFinder_Patch.CalculateColonistsInGroupPrefix
ColonistBarDrawLocsFinder.CalculateDrawLocs: TRANS: BetterColonistBar.HarmonyPatches.ColonistBarDrawLocsFinder_Patch.CalculateDrawLocsTranspiler
ColonistBarDrawLocsFinder.CalculateDrawLocs: PRE: BetterColonistBar.HarmonyPatches.ColonistBarDrawLocsFinder_Patch.CalculateDrawLocsPrefix
ColonistBarDrawLocsFinder.CalculateGroupsCount: post: BetterColonistBar.HarmonyPatches.ColonistBarDrawLocsFinder_Patch.CalculateGroupsCountPostfix
ColonistBarDrawLocsFinder.TryDistributeHorizontalSlotsBetweenGroups: PRE: BetterColonistBar.HarmonyPatches.TryDistributeHorizontalSlotsBetweenGroups_Patch.Prefix
DebugWindowsOpener.DevToolStarterOnGUI: TRANS: HugsLib.Patches.DevToolStarterOnGUI_Patch.ExtendButtonsWindow
DebugWindowsOpener.DrawButtons: TRANS: HugsLib.Patches.DebugWindowsOpener_Patch.DrawAdditionalButtons
DefGenerator.GenerateImpliedDefs_PreResolve: post: AnimalTab.Patch_GenerateImpliedDefs_PreResolve.Postfix, Fluffy.DefGenerator_GenerateImpliedDefs_PreResolve.Postfix
DefOfHelper.RebindAllDefOfs: post: AnimalTab.Patch_InjectTrainerSettingsComp.Postfix
Dialog_BillConfig.DoWindowContents: PRE: RSA.Dialog_BillConfig_DoWindowContents.Before_DoWindowContents
Dialog_ManageDrugPolicies.DoWindowContents: post: SaveStorageSettings.Patch_Dialog_Dialog_ManageDrugPolicies.Postfix
Dialog_ManageOutfits.DoWindowContents: PRE: RSA.DialogManageOutfits_DoWindowContents.Before_DoWindowContents post: SaveStorageSettings.Patch_Dialog_ManageOutfits_DoWindowContents.Postfix
Dialog_Options.DoWindowContents: TRANS: HugsLib.Patches.Dialog_Options_Patch.ReplaceModOptionsButton
EditWindow_Log.DoMessagesListing: PRE: HugsLib.Patches.EditWindow_Log_Patch.ExtraLogWindowButtons
Game.DeinitAndRemoveMap: post: HugsLib.Patches.Game_DeinitAndRemoveMap_Patch.MapRemovalHook
Game.FillComponents: PRE: HugsLib.Patches.Game_FillComponents_Patch.GameInitializationHook
Game.FinalizeInit: post: HugsLib.Patches.Game_FinalizeInit_Patch.WorldLoadedHook, CameraPlus.Game_FinalizeInit_Patch.Postfix, RimHUD.Patch.Verse_Game_FinalizeInit.Postfix
GenMapUI.DrawPawnLabel: PRE: [10000]CameraPlus.GenMapUI_DrawPawnLabel_Patch.Prefix
GenMapUI.DrawThingLabel: PRE: [10000]CameraPlus.GenMapUI_DrawThingLabel_Patch.Prefix TRANS: CameraPlus.GenMapUI_DrawThingLabel_Patch.Transpiler
GenMapUI.GetPawnLabel: PRE: BetterColonistBar.HarmonyPatches.GenMapUI_Patch.PawnLabelPrefix post: BetterColonistBar.HarmonyPatches.GenMapUI_Patch.PawnLabelPostfix
GenMapUI.GetPawnLabelNameWidth: PRE: BetterColonistBar.HarmonyPatches.GenMapUI_Patch.GetPawnLabelNameWidthPrefix post: BetterColonistBar.HarmonyPatches.GenMapUI_Patch.GetPawnLabelNameWidthPostfix
HealthCardUtility.DrawHealthSummary: PRE: [800]SaveStorageSettings.Patch_HealthCardUtility_DrawHealthSummary.Prefix
ITab.get_PaneTopY: PRE: RimHUD.Patch.RimWorld_ITab_PaneTopY.Prefix
ITab_Storage.FillTab: PRE: RSA.ITab_Storage_FillTab.Before_ITab_Storage_FillTab
InspectPaneFiller.DoPaneContentsFor: PRE: RimHUD.Patch.RimWorld_InspectPaneFiller_DoPaneContentsFor.Prefix
InspectPaneUtility.DoTabs: PRE: RimHUD.Patch.RimWorld_InspectPaneUtility_DoTabs.Prefix
InspectPaneUtility.InspectPaneOnGUI: PRE: RimHUD.Patch.RimWorld_InspectPaneUtility_InspectPaneOnGUI.Prefix
InspectPaneUtility.PaneSizeFor: PRE: RimHUD.Patch.RimWorld_InspectPaneUtility_PaneSizeFor.Prefix
InspectPaneUtility.PaneWidthFor: PRE: RimHUD.Patch.RimWorld_InspectPaneUtility_PaneWidthFor.Prefix
LanguageDatabase.SelectLanguage: PRE: HugsLib.Patches.LanguageDatabase_Patch.ForceRestartAfterLangChange
LetterStack.LettersOnGUI: PRE: RimHUD.Patch.Verse_LetterStack_LettersOnGUI.Prefix
Listing_TreeThingFilter.DoCategoryChildren: PRE: RSA.Core.ThingFilter_InjectFilter.Before_DoCategoryChildren
MainTabWindow_Inspect.get_PaneTopY: PRE: RimHUD.Patch.RimWorld_MainTabWindow_Inspect_PaneTopY.Prefix
Map.ConstructComponents: post: HugsLib.Patches.Map_ConstructComponents_Patch.MapComponentsInitHook
Map.FinalizeInit: post: HugsLib.Patches.Map_FinalizeInit_Patch.MapLoadedHook
MapComponentUtility.MapGenerated: post: HugsLib.Patches.MapComponentUtility_MapGenerated_Patch.MapGeneratedHook
MapInterface.MapInterfaceOnGUI_AfterMainTabs: PRE: RimHUD.Patch.Verse_MapInterface_MapInterfaceOnGUI_AfterMainTabs.Prefix
MapInterface.Notify_SwitchedMap: post: RimHUD.Patch.Verse_MapInterface_Notify_SwitchedMap.Postfix
MemoryUtility.ClearAllMapsAndWorld: PRE: RimHUD.Patch.Verse_Profile_MemoryUtility_ClearAllMapsAndWorld.Prefix
ModLister.RebuildModList: post: CrossPromotionModule.CrossPromotion.ModLister_RebuildModList_Postfix
ModsConfig.RestartFromChangedMods: PRE: HugsLib.Patches.ModsConfig_RestartFromChangedMods_Patch.QuickRestartInDevMode
MoteMaker.ThrowText: PRE: CameraPlus.MoteMaker_ThrowText_Patch.Prefix
Page_ModsConfig.DoWindowContents: TRANS: CrossPromotionModule.CrossPromotion.Page_ModsConfig_DoWindowContents_Transpiler
Page_ModsConfig.PostClose: post: CrossPromotionModule.CrossPromotion.Page_ModsConfig_PostClose_Postfix
Pawn.GetGizmos: post: AnimalTab.Patch_InjectTrainerSettingsGizmo.Postfix, SaveStorageSettings.Patch_Pawn_GetGizmos.Postfix
PawnRenderer.RenderPawnAt: PRE: [10000]CameraPlus.PawnRenderer_RenderPawnAt_Patch.Prefix post: CameraPlus.PawnRenderer_RenderPawnAt_Patch.Postfix
PawnUIOverlay.DrawPawnGUIOverlay: PRE: [10000]CameraPlus.PawnUIOverlay_DrawPawnGUIOverlay_Patch.Prefix TRANS: CameraPlus.PawnUIOverlay_DrawPawnGUIOverlay_Patch.Transpiler
PlayDataLoader.DoPlayLoad: post: HugsLib.Patches.PlayDataLoader_Patch.InitModsHook
PlaySettings.DoPlaySettingsGlobalControls: post: RimHUD.Patch.RimWorld_PlaySettings_DoPlaySettingsGlobalControls.Postfix
Root.OnGUI: post: HugsLib.Patches.Root_OnGUI_Patch.OnGUIHookUnfiltered
Root.Update: post: HugsLib.Patches.Root_Patch.UpdateHook
Root_Play.SetupForQuickTestPlay: TRANS: HugsLib.Patches.RootPlay_TestPlay_Patch.InjectCustomQuickstartSettings
StorageSettings.ExposeData: post: RSA.StorageSettings_ExposeData.ExposeData
StoreUtility.NoStorageBlockersIn: post: RSA.StoreUtility_NoStorageBlockersIn.FilledEnough
ThingFilterUI.DoThingFilterConfigWindow: PRE: StorageSearch.HaulingHysteresis_InjectControls.Before_DoThingFilterConfigWindow TRANS: RSA.Core.FilterSearch_InjectSearchBox.Transpiler
ThingSelectionUtility.SelectNextColonist: PRE: AnimalTab.Patch_ThingSelectionUtility+Pre_SelectNextColonist.Prefix
ThingSelectionUtility.SelectPreviousColonist: PRE: AnimalTab.Patch_ThingSelectionUtility+Pre_SelectPreviousColonist.Prefix
TimeControls.DoTimeControlsGUI: PRE: CameraPlus.TimeControls_DoTimeControlsGUI_Patch.Prefix
Tutor.TutorOnGUI: PRE: RimHUD.Patch.RimWorld_Tutor_TutorOnGUI.Prefix
UIRoot.UIRootOnGUI: post: HugsLib.Patches.UIRoot_OnGUI_Patch.OnGUIHook
VersionControl.DrawInfoInCorner: post: HarmonyMod.VersionControl_DrawInfoInCorner_Patch.Postfix
WorkGiver_Tame.JobOnThing: post: AnimalTab.Patch_WorkGiver_Tame_JobOnThing.Postfix
WorkGiver_Train.JobOnThing: post: AnimalTab.Patch_WorkGiver_Train_JobOnThing.Postfix
WorkshopItems.Notify_Subscribed: post: CrossPromotionModule.CrossPromotion.WorkshopItems_Notify_Subscribed_Postfix
Zone_Stockpile.GetGizmos: post: SaveStorageSettings.Patch_Zone_Stockpile_GetGizmos.Postfix
Harmony versions present: 2.0.2.0: net.pardeike.rimworld.lib.harmony, net.pardeike.rimworld.mod.camera+, RimHUD, com.savestoragesettings.rimworld.mod, brrainz-crosspromotion; 2.0.1.0: NotooShabby.BetterColonistBar; 2.0.0.8: UnlimitedHugs.HugsLib, RSA, RSA.Core; 2.0.0.7: fluffy.medicaltab; 2.0.0.6: Fluffy.AnimalTab

Platform information:
CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor
Memory: 16284 MB

Log file contents:
Mono path[0] = '[Rimworld_dir]/RimWorldWin64_Data/Managed'
Mono config path = '[Rimworld_dir]/MonoBleedingEdge/etc'
Initialize engine version: 2019.2.17f1 (8e603399ca02)
[XR] Discovering subsystems at path [Rimworld_dir]/RimWorldWin64_Data/UnitySubsystems
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (ID=0x1c02)
    Vendor:   
    VRAM:     2988 MB
    Driver:   25.21.14.2531
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
RimWorld 1.2.2753 rev712
[HugsLib] version 8.0.1
RSA Core 0.1.1.0 loaded..
RSA Main 2.4.1.0 loaded ...
Smart Colonist Bar Version: 1.0.7506.31127
Key binding conflict: Dev_ChangeSelectedDebugAction and MainTab_Architect are both bound to Tab.
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[RimHUD v1.6.7] Initialized
SaveStorageSettings: Harmony Patches:
    Postfix:
        Building.GetGizmos(IEnumerable<Gizmo>)
        Zone_Stockpile.GetGizmos(IEnumerable<Gizmo>)
        Dialog_ManageOutfits.DoWindowContents(Rect)
        Dialog_ManageDrugPolicies.DoWindowContents(Rect)
        Building_Storage.GetGizmos
Unloading 5 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 1)

Unloading 52 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 11017.
Total: 128.417800 ms (FindLiveObjects: 1.017900 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.581900 ms MarkObjects: 126.679600 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.137900 ms)

Unloading 3 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 1)

Unloading 1 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 11041.
Total: 128.331300 ms (FindLiveObjects: 1.062500 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.492100 ms MarkObjects: 126.719500 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.056700 ms)

Loading game from file The Pact of the Lake (Permadeath) with mods:
  - brrainz.harmony
  - Ludeon.RimWorld
  - Ludeon.RimWorld.Royalty
  - UnlimitedHugs.HugsLib
  - Jaxe.RimHUD
  - Nick2565.Accurate.Mortars
  - fluffy.animaltab
  - fluffy.medicaltab
  - savestoragesettings.kv.rw
  - Sandy.RPGStyleInventory
  - brrainz.cameraplus
  - tradingspot.kv.rw
  - fyarn.FixableMoodDebuffsAlert
  - Storage.Search.RSA
  - FrozenSnowFox.MoreQuests
  - NotooShabby.BetterColonistBar
Unloading 0 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 1)

Unloading 0 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 20987.
Total: 337.062300 ms (FindLiveObjects: 1.783500 ms CreateObjectMapping: 1.320300 ms MarkObjects: 333.844900 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.112900 ms)

RandomHero

(The problem was resolved by restoring a slightly earlier save file. I don't know why it resolved the problem, though, because the offending save file worked normally in all respects except resolving this map encounter quest.)

Canute

Yes Safe storage is familar, didn't know that Kiame used a that long modname.
Hugslib is a very popular mod, you can get it over github or workshop.
And when you are looking for workshop mods as non-steam user you should take a look at:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=52498.0

But when no error's show up after/during these freezes then it is hard/impossible to say anything.
And none of your mods should change anything at the quests/encounter.

Permadeath colony, i think you are doomed anyway. You can't experiment much with it anyway.