Ctrl-F -> Text Entry Box -> Find on Map -> Press Enter Again for Next Item

Started by parasocks, September 25, 2020, 04:59:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

parasocks

I have like 60 pawns, and it's really hard to find specific people quite often.

I just want to know where my pawn Elk is. So I have to read dozens of names in the topbar to find him. Can't find him. Try again, read every single one... Nope still not there... Oh that's right I arrested him, check prison areas... nope not there... Where the fuck is Elk? Ohhhh yeah he's in the prison hospitallllll......

Would be nice to Ctrl + F or press / and start typing Elk and press Enter and BOOM Elk is centered on the map.

Need wood? /wood BOOM there's wood.

Make it so you glorious bastards!

RicRider

60 colonists sounds like a pain in the ass!

But even if you have so many, it's probably quicker to find them using the work tab. Sort by name and click on Elk. He shouldn't be far from the top!

I guess though if you imprisoned him then he won't be on that list any more so you will need to use the Prisoner tab but to unlock that I think you need the Prison Labor mod.
##Coding Scrub##

Canute

Isn't this the one you are looking for ?
RimSearch
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2032269061
QuoteEver wanted to easily find a certain item after a trade on the map or where one of your named animals are? Then this mod is for you!

Default keybinding for opening the search window is 'Y'. Can be rebound.

Alenerel

Quote from: Canute on September 29, 2020, 03:27:38 PM
Isn't this the one you are looking for ?
RimSearch
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2032269061
QuoteEver wanted to easily find a certain item after a trade on the map or where one of your named animals are? Then this mod is for you!

Default keybinding for opening the search window is 'Y'. Can be rebound.

That thing cant find ship chunks on the map -.-. Also causes massive lag while you are writing the search conditions.

RicRider

There was another one that didn't have lag for me, "InventoryTab". It's not updated to 1.2 though yet and I haven't bothered trying to update it myself to see if it works but you could give that one a go. I really liked it because it added a tab that you could see every item on the map and use filters as well.
##Coding Scrub##