Save File Size Load time and waste code lines

Started by alpha_43, October 09, 2020, 11:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alpha_43

Save File:
Once too big becomes unloadable, unless you wait an hour maybe more.
yesterday i had to reload my save cause of a recurent bug where the Hud disappears after a while (not related bug). The reload took as long as an hour (real time, not figurative).

are BattleLogEntry really that important for the game that they need being saved within the Save file?
My guess is NO! I opened my save using Notepad++, scanned through the lines for a couple hours and i deleted all the Battle Log Entries. To summerize, my save file was around 200Mbytes big and the BatteLogEntry i deleted freed 180Mbytes on my save. everything loads quick now with a meer 18Mbyte save.

So once again i ask. Why are BattleLogEntry (RangedImpact & ExplosionImpact) have to be saved on the save file???
It's not the first time i get long loading saves, but it's just now that i see why.

Alenerel

I know its not the reply you want, Id also like RW to clean its own shit from time to time... But you can use this mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2228430510

It clears quest log, battle log, all map dirt, colonists long dead family, same with animals, etc.

In fact, Id like to know the difference in load times you experience, and how the file size changes. I recommend to backup your save file just in case.