caravans should exit the map in the right direction

Started by Alenerel, October 14, 2020, 08:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alenerel

when you make a caravan and exit the map, the pawns seem to choose a random direction, even ignoring zone restrictions. Thing is, for example, why do they go to the south edge if they exit in the world map to the north?

Same with entering the map and encounter maps. You enter from the north, but magically you appear west, or east, or south or anywhere.

The idea is, if the tile is an hexagon, just divide the edge into 6 parts each corresponding to the side of the hexagon, so if a caravan exits the map from the center northern edge it appears at the north in the world map.

As a side note, make caravans respect a bit zones. I had set a zone literally anywhere on the map except the southeast for a mech cluster, and they literally went straight to the cluster when they had to exit NORTH!

There is the problem of mountainous maps. Then make them take the nearest side to the exiting side in the world map.

Canute

Since a few releases, the caravan exit the map more precise. At last when your destination lie somewhere left, they exit the map left.
But it still could be top or bottem left corner.
Personaly i would like to see that the caravan exit the map so fast as possible and not at the right direction. Because i build my base mosttimes near a map border and the caravan move on world faster then at the map. The half day the pawn's would need to cross the map, they would move 2-3 world tiles.

Alenerel

a pawn doesnt take that much to go from one edge to another... i think you might be playing in big maps, which as tynan said, they break a lot of things.

what most annoys me is that i cannot tell them anything for where to exit. the case that made me write this post is one where they should go north, and the cluster was south, pawns assigned to no go zone in south, so i formed caravan and forgot.... a while later, caravan down trying to exit next to the cluster.

i reloaded, made the caravan again and they exited north east this time, instead of south east... But forgot something and made a guy send it to them and again, south east, straight to the cluster.
As I said, their destination was north.

Canute

Yeah some exit spot which is created once you form the caravan and you should be able to move it.

tmo97