[1.2.2753] Rimworld crashes Steam (Windows)

Started by s4ltshaker, October 14, 2020, 11:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s4ltshaker

Hello. After returning to Rimworld after a few months, I ran into a problem with my new modlist. With or without it (I've reinstalled the game), Rimworld crashes Steam.
1. A modded install, though I have wholly stripped it of mods trying to fix this problem.
2. I clicked onto the Rimworld tab in my Steam library, and Steam will freeze & crash after a few seconds. It will even crash if I right-click on the game (opening its options menu). Obviously, the game will not load, though Steam begins the process.
3. Steam should have loaded the game & I should be seeing the main menu.
4. I'm unsure how to reproduce the bug, as it appeared only after a few loadings. The modlist is in the latest save, before the game began crashing Steam.
5. Here is the most recent .rws on Drive. https://drive.google.com/file/d/10cvzOaGCvJ3Wyr6XupxnhNbUDsk-eqVs/view?usp=sharing
6. I'm not sure the game could generate a complete log, but here are the most recent ones.

Canute

Hi,
none of your log's show any crash so it is impossible to say what happen. None of them even loaded a safegame.
The older log contain some error about modsconfig and "Steamworks is not initialized" but i think thats a wrong definded mod or just a mod got a dependies on another mod but only show the workshop ID and not the name, and since Steam don't run it maybe give out the error.
But i don't use steam so i can't be sure.

Ever Rimworld start a new log will generated, and the old one renamed into ..prev...
When Rimworld crash by itself, rimworld create a crash log folder and notify with a window.
Since you don't got this rimworld got force quiet from outside, maybe it is a mod fault maybe some other windows tool. But that is impossible to say.

Post the logfile after rimworld crashed, maybe that show some more information.