Royalty Prisoner quest bug

Started by ErikMcAwful, October 15, 2020, 07:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ErikMcAwful

I have a bug, and I have it with no exceptions. I do use a lot of mods, so I shouldn't rule it out completely that one of those may cause it, but I do not have any error messages when I start the game, and my game runs completely fine, and without any errors, except that it takes about an hour to load a saved game on a pretty decent computer. The mission where the empire sends you prisoners for safekeeping (which ends up being very unsafe, as they literally leave as less than half the men they came to me as, and I end up with a decent number of "spare parts") reports an erroneous number of prisoners that are sent to me. It could say that I am gonna keep 4 prisoners, but I get two. This is usually not a big deal, as the missions allows me to complete it either way, but this time I had a mission for two, and I got none at all.

All other Royalty missions works flawlessly.

Canute

Hi,
at last for me it is hard to follow the quest you describe.
Some screenshot's of the quest window, then what happen after you accept the quest and why it failed or didn't worked.
Maybe if you got a safegame before or during the quest could be helpful too.

Since you got problems with the loading times, did you try to use RuntimeGC mod to delete the log's of the pawn's that would reduce the loading times abit.

ErikMcAwful

I do use RimworldGC, it's not enough. That's not really the issue though, I'm just reporting in a bug with a Royalty mission. I believe I described pretty well what happens and why it failed, and as far as I know, there's only one mission like it. I've had it several times, with a variable amount of prisoners to keep.

Canute

Yes the mission is clear, you need to babysit for 4 prisoner. But i can't follow what happen after it.
But maybe Pheanox (the bug hunting moderator) got it.

Did you got all 4 prisoner (because you wrote "I am gonna keep 4 prisoners, but I get two") or do you got none (but this time I had a mission for two, and I got none at all) ?

ErikMcAwful

Let's say that the mission asks me to take care of four prisoners. Only two prisoners are sent to me, even if the mission text says four. I will still be able to complete the mission if I put those two into the shuttle, so in that respect, it's not a huge problem. Today, I had a mission that asked me to take care of two prisoners, but none were sent at all. I was still able to complete it, by enabling the auto-load function on the shuttle, as that enabled the Launch button. I basically got rewarded for sending away an empty shuttle and not doing anything at all. The mission simply does not correspond with the mission text. :)

Canute

Ahh ok, thanks that made it clear now.

But noone else reported such thing and you use alot of mods, so i am pretty sure it is the fault of some mod.
When you play with mod you will encounter many unexpected things, you just should life with them.
If you can assign the problem to a mod, report it to the mod author.

ErikMcAwful

Yeah, probably so. But this is literally the only thing that bugs. I'm pretty experienced with mods, I have completely wrecked my game with them before, so I've taken lots of care to avoid conflicts and errors this time. Thought it was worth a mention either way. Maybe someone else had encountered the same. :)

Canute

But you need to differ between plain vanilla bugs and bugs that come from mod interaction.
The Rimword devs only can fix vanilla bugs, and the prisoner quest works well at the vanilla gameplay.

Since you problem is very repeatable, maybe you notice one day the mod which cause the problem, because you didn't used that mod anymore, then you should report it to the mod author.

Pheanox

I can try and do some work to reproduce this with the dev mode, but since you are using mods I'm honestly going to lean towards this being a mod conflict.  I've found all kinds of mod conflicts causing bugs where you wouldn't even think its related.