(Solved) [Mac OS X 10.8.5] Unable to run Rimworld250Mac.app

Started by Seppukun, November 04, 2013, 04:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seppukun

Hi and thanks in advance for your time. I saw the bug tracker (ludeon.com/bugs) and registered, but couldn't determine any way to submit a report.

Experiencing the following problem: When I double-click Rimworld250Mac.app in Finder, the app appears to launch, but then nothing happens.

Please let me know if additional software is needed to run the game.

Security & Privacy preferences are set to "Allow applications downloaded from Anywhere"

File permissions for RimWorld250Mac.app are drwx------ and file ownership is set to my user account.

Bringing up the Inspector from Finder on the app says the version is "Unity Player version 4.2.2f1 (54f0fc09defb). (c) 2013 Unity Technologies ApS. All rights reserved."

My Unity Web player version is 4.2.2f1.

System: Mac OS X 10.8.5, (Late 2011 model)
Processor: 2.4 ghz
Memory: 16 GB

asgeir

Have you checked the executable bit on the actual executable i.e. Rimworld250Mac.app/Contents/MacOS/Rimworld250Mac
On Linux I had to set the executable bit.

Seppukun

Aesir,

Thank you -- this was the case, and I was able to launch the app after making it executable. I wasn't sure which/where the executable was. Thanks again.

prancingfox

Hi! I've just ran into this problem as well. I've found the terminal that opens when I open up the RimWorld250Mac in MacOS, Content, but I have no idea what I'm suppose to do after that. What is this 'executable'? I'll admit, I haven't a single clue about tech stuff.

damof