some problems with wild pawns

Started by Prologue, October 16, 2020, 03:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prologue

So this is what happened to me today:

A wild pawn wandered onto my map, I decided to try and capture (imprison) this pawn. I'm pretty sure the pawn spent 1-2 in game days in a prisoner cell and I'm also confident that the default action for prisoners is set to 'no interaction'. Somehow this pawn got tamed making it join my colony. Since this pawn ahs no useful skills I'd rather not have it as a member of my colony, so I decided to banish it. The result was that the pawn decided to just hang around in my base, only now I can not tame, arrest, attack or banish it. Leaving me with literally no option but to let it wander around.

Is there some kind of default behaviour that lets pawns tame captured wild people? / Do captured wild pawns get treated differently than normal prisoners?

I feel like there should always be some kind of option for arrest or attack on any pawn regardless of their status.

I also feel like banished pawns should not just hang around my base.

Is there any fix?

Canute

Since 1.2 you only can tame wild people.
You can arrest them, but there shouldn't any prisoner interaction option, so even as prisoner you only can tame him.
If you flag him for taming before, the flag stay even when you imprison him.

Ofcouse the pawn's don't leave the map, because the map was his home zone before.
You can kill him, arrest and sell him, or made some cruel experiments on him to train some doctor skills.

Alenerel

the best trick is to lure him into your fridge with the door hold open, and when he is in close it, so you have it always near to tame him

Prologue

Quote from: Canute on October 16, 2020, 03:20:50 PM
Ofcouse the pawn's don't leave the map, because the map was his home zone before.

When you get banished from a community it's not like they want you to stick around in thier base, the whole idea is that you leave.