Colonists won't socially interact with each other.

Started by Ilias, October 18, 2020, 03:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ilias

As the title says, none of my colonists will talk, or socialize with one another. On top of this, the opinion's don't elevate at all, they are permanently stuck at the base bonuses/negatives. I was able to get my warden/tamer to interact/speak to the prisoners, and animals... but not other colonists. Even after successfully recruiting said prisoner, they no longer spoke at all.

This is a modded game, and I have one such a mod that shows pop-ups for social interactions. This hasn't appeared, either, save for the two exceptions above.

Moments before writing this, one of my colonists threw a party. All of my colonists showed up, but just sort of walked around each other, or sat at the table.

I've looked through my mods, and I really don't know what could be causing this. I can't find anything that should affect socialization, save for that bubble one. I do get debug errors at startup, but I've been told in the past that errors like that are normal when playing a modded game... Any help or suggestions would/will be greatly appreciated!

Link to modlist: https://pastebin.com/FxqRSYwN

Canute

Hi,
error's arn't normal. The mod author is just to lazy or unexpierenced to track them down when he say it.
Sure a few error's can be ignored, but you allways should try to avoid mod's that throw out errors except you think you realy need that mod.
BUT even when you have an error free startup, it allways can happen that a mod later throw out error's because of some mod conflcts or not proper tested function.

So you should look self at first, that error's show up during gameplay ?
Take a look at these error text, do you maybe can identify an mod from these error's.

But mosttimes it is hard or impossible to say what mod cause the proble. Not to speak that it isn't safe to remove mod's from an existing mod most of the time.

But you can post the hugslib logfile (Use button "Share log" at the log window or press CTRL-F12) from you gameplay (after you loaded the safegame and let it play abit).
Maybe someone got an idea.

Ilias

First and foremost, thank you for responding! It is good to know that I do need to keep the errors in mind. I remember being told that if the game wasn't crashing, they didn't matter. In hindsight, that seems kind of silly.

I went through them over and over, though I can't really make sense of any of them. None of them seem to explicitly say what mod is causing it. On another note - I did try to do that "Share log" thing, but was given an error. Something to do with it not being able to connect, though I'm connected to the internet. I did find that I could make a sort of log in the AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios named "Player". Not sure if that's the same thing, but posted it in the above, maybe it means something.

I also updated the first post with pastebin link to my active mods, hopefully someone will know if there's a conflict or something that I simply can't see.

Canute

QuoteWhole XML:

<PawnKindDef ParentName="GrenadierBase"><race>Human</race>......
Look these error's are a primary example of the lazyness of a modauthoer.
I think the mod want add some special raiders/faction and the error prolly don't let these special pawn spawn.
But that isn't your problem with the interaction.

QuoteException loading list element from XML: System.MissingMethodException: Default constructor not found for type Verse.AI.ThinkNode
  at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceMono (System.Boolean nonPublic) [0x0007b] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
  at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow (System.Boolean publicOnly, System.Boolean skipCheckThis, System.Boolean fillCache, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark& stackMark) [0x00009] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
  at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor (System.Boolean publicOnly, System.Boolean skipCheckThis, System.Boolean fillCache, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark& stackMark) [0x00027] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, System.Boolean nonPublic) [0x00020] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
  at Verse.DirectXmlToObject.ObjectFromXml[T] (System.Xml.XmlNode xmlRoot, System.Boolean doPostLoad) [0x0051d] in <d72310b4d8f64d25aee502792b58549f>:0
  at Verse.DirectXmlToObject.ListFromXml[T] (System.Xml.XmlNode listRootNode) [0x000ab] in <d72310b4d8f64d25aee502792b58549f>:0
XML:
<subNodes><li Class="RimWorldChildren.ThinkNode_ChancePerHour_BabyNuzzle"><subNodes><li Class="ThinkNode_Tagger"><tagToGive>Misc</tagToGive><subNodes><li Class="RimWorldChildren.JobGiver_BabyNuzzle" /></subNodes></li></subNodes></li></subNodes>
QuoteCould not find a type named RimWorldChildren.JobDriver_BabyNuzzle
This error is more about your problem.
Since the error include "ThinkNode" it could be the problem with the social interaction.
And since i saw Children and muzzle, it could be a mod that add human childs/babies.

QuoteCould not resolve cross-reference to Verse.BodyPartTagDef named FertilitySource (wanter=tags)
Such error's are less critical. But i don't know if the effect would work that the mod try to add/modify.
Could even come from a mod that remove such thing but another mod try to access it. Because i saw some vanilla def names.

The modlist you posted, is that your actual mod loader ?
If not try to use the Mod sort button.
At last Android Tiers is before Humanoid Alien Races 2.0 but the android require HAR.
Rimworld allready should show you a red sign at Android Tiers.

Personaly i would move all libary mods at first (hugslib,jectools,HAR,...) followed by mods that tweak/modify without adding something (Common Sense, RPG inventory,Therapy,...).
But there is no need to do this if you follow the requirements you got shown at the Mods manager.

Ilias

Man, I wish it'd reference the name of the mod, or some other hinting factor. But I still just don't know what mod might be causing that first error.

I do have a mod that's supposed to add both human, and alien children/babies. However, with the social interaction being as it is... they couldn't/can't like one another enough to even form a relationship in the first place. Or... however that works, haven't actually seen it in game. I swapped to a different mod that does roughly the same thing, so maybe I'll have better luck?

From what I (think) I can tell, the
QuoteCould not resolve cross-reference to Verse.BodyPartTagDef named FertilitySource (wanter=tags)
strings from a mod called "The Birds and the Bees" that's supposed to add certain organs to animals. My best bet, or as far as my limited, and ultimately non-existent understanding goes, is that it's conflicting or something with the animal mods I have installed. Maybe not applying it to them because they weren't the original target... Though that's just a best guess, as a colonist's modded pet had it so...

That kind of error isn't uncommon for me though, (see attachment), I have a lot of them, and no clue what's causing it. I'm also not sure if it's a bad thing, or could be what's responsible for the lack of social interactions.

Interestingly enough, Rimworld didn't give me a red error with Android Tiers being above HAR, but I did some research/guide-reading, and taking your own advice, I think maybe it'll be okay now. I was also suggested to remove JecsTools as none of my mods actively use it, and while I don't know why I shouldn't have it anyway, I did take it off.

But to answer your question, that WAS my mod order, written exactly as it was listed, as the XML modlist was kind of a mess.

Thanks a ton for your help and suggestions thus far! I'm going to make a new save with this now-rearranged list, and with the edits suggested, I'll get back to you with the outcome!

TDarksword

Just from a quick look, you have both Children and Pregnancy (CnP) and Children, School and Learning (CSL). Those two are listed as having a hard incompatibility in the CnP Thread here as IIRC they are actually forks from the same original mod.

Pretty sure one or both add Fertility stat and one or both are the source of the Baby Nuzzling.