Latest Humanoid Alien Races update breaks game, does anyone have last version?

Started by Mortagonus, October 18, 2020, 07:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mortagonus

The Humanoid Alien Races update released today breaks the game for most people with modded races and causes tons of red errors. Erdelf seems unwilling to upload the last version for us to download per the workshop page. Does anyone have this last update available that was online yesterday? Many of us would appreciate it just so we can resume our saved games without losing them. Thanks

Canute

Hi,
i would take a look at the mod description there should be an alternate download.

Solarius Scorch

I've decided to update HAR from October's version to the current one and I'm getting these two errors:

Could not resolve cross-reference: No RimWorld.ThoughtDef named KnowButcheredHuman found to give to AlienRace.ButcherThought AlienRace.ButcherThought
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.WantedRefForObject:TryResolve(FailMode)
Verse.<>c__DisplayClass15_1:<ResolveAllWantedCrossReferences>b__0(WantedRef)
Verse.<>c__DisplayClass6_1`1:<ParallelForEach>b__0(Object)
System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback:WaitCallback_Context(Object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback:System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue:Dispatch()
System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback:PerformWaitCallback()

Could not resolve cross-reference: No RimWorld.ThoughtDef named AteHumanIngredient found to give to AlienRace.AteThought AlienRace.AteThought
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback:System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()

Full log here: https://gist.github.com/d24ee89f7acb889fe4362cf4ebdc60d0

I fixed some other issues by updating or editing race mods, but no idea where to start with these. Help would be appreciated.

Shinzy

Just to be clear, I'm going on from an assumption here, The mods you are using are local and not through steam workshop? and you've manually updated them?

If so my immediate hunch would be that there might be a typo in one of the race mods near the thought defs. Something like improperly closed tags or such

That's where I'd start to look myself, I'm by no means an incredible modder, my methods are very cavemanlike ;D

p.s. If you're the same Solarius Scorch who made the X-com files mod, I'm a huge fan!

Solarius Scorch

Quote from: Shinzy on February 16, 2021, 09:53:08 AM
Just to be clear, I'm going on from an assumption here, The mods you are using are local and not through steam workshop? and you've manually updated them?

Yes indeed, I have a GoG version of RW.

If so my immediate hunch would be that there might be a typo in one of the race mods near the thought defs. Something like improperly closed tags or such

That's where I'd start to look myself, I'm by no means an incredible modder, my methods are very cavemanlike ;D

Yeah, this is pretty much what I've tried. But I never thought of anything as trivial as a syntax error, could be a good idea to check.

p.s. If you're the same Solarius Scorch who made the X-com files mod, I'm a huge fan!

Wow, thanks! Yeah, it's me :D Never expected to find anyone who's heard of it here; it's pretty nice. :)

EDIT: for some inexplicable reason I'm only getting one error now:

Could not resolve cross-reference: No RimWorld.ThoughtDef named ButcheredHuman found to give to AlienRace.ButcherThought AlienRace.ButcherThought

Log here: https://gist.github.com/3f9f4b061fff76af02f8b2f6bb13b145

The investigation continues!

EDIT 2: Case closed, it was the Thrumkin mod... And the bug was already reported. :/
Fixed now, author notified.

jamaicancastle

Some of the ThoughtDefs revolving around humans seem to have changed names at one point or another:
AteHumanIngredient -> AteHumanlikeMeatAsIngredient
KnowButcheredHuman -> KnowButcheredHumanlikeCorpse

If one of your alien race mods is still using the old names, it may cause this error.

Solarius Scorch

Quote from: jamaicancastle on February 24, 2021, 11:12:31 AM
Some of the ThoughtDefs revolving around humans seem to have changed names at one point or another:
AteHumanIngredient -> AteHumanlikeMeatAsIngredient
KnowButcheredHuman -> KnowButcheredHumanlikeCorpse

If one of your alien race mods is still using the old names, it may cause this error.

Yes indeed, it was exactly that.