Prison labour bug

Started by Prologue, October 19, 2020, 05:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prologue

My wardens are picking up my prisoners at random from the quarry they work in and deposit them back into their cell, the prisoners will than often go back to the quarry to continue their work, but sadly this ends up consuming a lot of time for my warden pawns.

Does any one know a fix or workaround?

Prologue

The only solution I found so far is to make them work at night when my colonists are asleep.

m1st4x

You could forbid your wardens/prisoners to enter the quarry by using area restrictions !?

Prologue

To some extend, yes I can forbid my wardens to not go into the quarry, though this is not incredibly helpful since A: prisoners need more freedom of movement than just the quarry, they need to be able to move from their sleeping spot to it, B: they are doing more work than just mining at the quarry, they also need to do stone cutting and C: my pawns also help out with hauling items from the quarry and surrounding stockpiles. So this suggestion is not any better then my current fix, which allows me to let them work uninterrupted at night.

m1st4x

create a new area, invert it, then clear the tiles you want to allow and assign a pawn to it

Canute

I never used Prison labor myself, but can't it be that the quarry area isn't a prison area ?
It is outdoors or indoors, place a sleeping spot next to it and assign it for prisoner when it is indoors.

Prologue

Quote from: Canute on November 27, 2020, 08:39:44 AM
I never used Prison labor myself, but can't it be that the quarry area isn't a prison area ?
It is outdoors or indoors, place a sleeping spot next to it and assign it for prisoner when it is indoors.

There is not such a thing as a prisoner area defined by the game. I can set a prisoner labour area, which will prevent my colonists from preforming any work there, but I actually need some work to be done in the prison area such as hauling, cleaning, repairing, delivering food, recruiting and medical support.

Besides that I use the lock mod to allow the prisoners to leave their barrack and work in the outdoor area next to it, the game does not recognize this area as meant for prisoners, so my wardens will take them back inside during their work hours.