Several suggestions after playing for a bit.

Started by ZanathKariashi, August 11, 2014, 01:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZanathKariashi

1. A minimum maximum setting for the Forever bill option. If the base stock-pile drops below the minimum, they'll start making it until the maximum at which point the bill suspends until needed again. This would cut down on some of the micromanagement involved until your colony is large enough to support a dedicated cook.

2. Stockpile options to maintain a minimum or maximum amount of a particular type of item so you can keep a supply of items at a particular stock-pile or ensure that too many of the same aren't placed (especially for the trading stockpile).

3. While I'm pretty sure some similar options is already in the works for the final release, it would be nice if you could talk to visitors and convince them to join your colony without capturing and brain-washing, or trade with them. And/or the ability to trade directly with other villages and factions.

4. I'd also like to see an option to be able to tell colonists to fire from range, no matter the range, and then have them move to furthest possible spot to attack from, instead of only melee orders having unlimited range. (Right click just makes them walk right up to the enemies, and you can only select attack with melee unless you're in firing range).

5. the Ability to actually visit other faction's bases, either to wipe them out, or just go and visit and be able to build up relations that way, as opposed to simply bribing them. And also occasionally get events where they request aid from you as well.

Somz

Quote from: ZanathKariashi on August 11, 2014, 01:07:34 PM
1. A minimum maximum setting for the Forever bill option. If the base stock-pile drops below the minimum, they'll start making it until the maximum at which point the bill suspends until needed again. This would cut down on some of the micromanagement involved until your colony is large enough to support a dedicated cook.

2. Stockpile options to maintain a minimum or maximum amount of a particular type of item so you can keep a supply of items at a particular stock-pile or ensure that too many of the same aren't placed (especially for the trading stockpile).

3. While I'm pretty sure some similar options is already in the works for the final release, it would be nice if you could talk to visitors and convince them to join your colony without capturing and brain-washing, or trade with them. And/or the ability to trade directly with other villages and factions.

4. I'd also like to see an option to be able to tell colonists to fire from range, no matter the range, and then have them move to furthest possible spot to attack from, instead of only melee orders having unlimited range. (Right click just makes them walk right up to the enemies, and you can only select attack with melee unless you're in firing range).

5. the Ability to actually visit other faction's bases, either to wipe them out, or just go and visit and be able to build up relations that way, as opposed to simply bribing them. And also occasionally get events where they request aid from you as well.

1) I have no opinion on this one, at all.

2) I've already suggested but no problem, it's a good idea (and maybe if we nag enough people they'll implement it faster? ;D )

3) Yep, suggested it as well, at least the idea 'persuasion', convincing a visitor to join. Would be fun.

4) That's something we need...!

5) How do you propose on doing that? With all 3 of your colonists, leaving your base empty?  :o
With randomly generated or pre-built bases? How would you raid a colony when they can attack in 100/200/FPSKiller/'jesus christ I can't see' forces? Besides, defending is easier (most of the times) than attacking, so how many do you think you would lose? It's...not too bad of an idea but I think to make it it work would require a lot of thinking.
For one, if 10 colonists are defending the "small" colonyX (enemy), how comes colonyX attacked you with 150 colonists just a while ago? Would be weird, wouldn't it?
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

putsam

1. This is already in the game when you select config bill choose do until X times and set the X value

2. That is a bit of extra work and it'll probably slow down the game because it is doing so much micromanaging instead of you. You can probably get someone to make a mod for it.

3. That's been mentioned a million time but yeah pretty much every one agrees

4. Player "Redfield fire at the opponent no matter what I don't F*cking care if the bullets only reach 1/4 the way"
That one is probably only going to be a hassle.

5. This one has recently been mentioned on the posts twice as much as the first one. Butt Yeah

ZanathKariashi

The visiting bases could be done in phases.

They've been around for a long time and most likely have sprawling spread out bases, so each faction would have it's total population spread among several smaller outposts, which could be as kind of a guerilla warfare campaign, and if you fail to destroy the base, they can re-enforce it from the rear and then counter attack with their own assault group which you'll have to defend against. Could develop an improved radar to get an idea of how strong the base you're attacking is going to be to see whether or not you're ready for that kind of fight. You could also set-up coordinated assaults with allies who are also opposed to those groups to get extra soldiers, similar to how the combat in the old Caesar/Pharoh/Emperor games worked.

Managing to kill all the defenders allows you to collect from their resources and then raze the base, permanently destroying it and reducing their combat strength. If anyone manages to escape, even though you won, you'll soon be attacked your self in a counter-attack group.

Obviously you aren't going to want to go attacking other people's stuff until you've built-up a good sized colony.

Billy Rueben

Quote from: putsam on August 11, 2014, 01:35:47 PM
1. This is already in the game when you select config bill choose do until X times and set the X value

It isn't already in the game. Yes, the minimum setting is, but the maximum is not. Cooks will prepare meals every time the stockpile drops below X amount. It would be nice to be able to set a higher number that they will cook to, so that cooks don't rush back to the cooking table every time someone eats.

Somz

Quote from: Billy Rueben on August 11, 2014, 04:00:09 PM
Quote from: putsam on August 11, 2014, 01:35:47 PM

It isn't already in the game. Yes, the minimum setting is, but the maximum is not. Cooks will prepare meals every time the stockpile drops below X amount. It would be nice to be able to set a higher number that they will cook to, so that cooks don't rush back to the cooking table every time someone eats.

Don't know about you but I usually use my cook to cook and clean only, both because there are quite a few mouths to feed and because of butchering leaves a mess every time. So him/her running back every time isn't that much of a pain for me.
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

Neurotoxin

Quote from: Cyst on August 11, 2014, 01:20:49 PM
For one, if 10 colonists are defending the "small" colonyX (enemy), how comes colonyX attacked you with 150 colonists just a while ago? Would be weird, wouldn't it?

Well, I did just wipe out most of their forces in their invasion. My thoughts on this would be either
A). You attack a small outpost built for supply runners/military weapon cache/other small outpost. or
B). A rng type event that you initiate, if you win (spawn rng of supplies on edge of your map) if you lose (dead colonists).

B would allow an earlier implementation because it wouldn't have to load a new chunk of map/pre built base but A would be more fun, tactical invasion of an outpost. Maybe if you win Raids from that faction would be less likely for a certain timeframe as you just struck a blow against their supplies/numbers but after a short time would increase the chance of an invasions (REVENGE!!!).