Psycast: Tribe vs Empire vs Rebel

Started by Canute, October 21, 2020, 09:04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Most people prolly get the first contact with Psycast when they start working for/with the Empire and raise their royalty title.
It is pretty easy to get honor to raise their title, but it is more difficult to build the proper bedrooms/thronerooms intime before the first title ceremony timeout.
Not to speak about a pretty useless royal who just could fight and paint his pictures. So you better don't try to raise any of your skilled labour.
But another feature since 1.2 the royal permits, some are real useful. Call a shuttle to fly away and return home with farcast at example.
But it will be hard for colony to support many high level psycast.
Btw. did you only need 1 throneroom for all your royals ? :-)

The rebel way at last you don't need special bedrooms or thronerooms.
But you don't have permit's and the quests you can get new psycast level are very rare.
I think you allways should get a new quest, once you finished one from them. If you failed one, they will contact you later.
The good thing you will be enemy of the Empire, and can with some luck some nice stuff from them.

The tribal way is different.
Not that you have much higher research cost because you start as tribal, but since you start with 5 people you can have 1 or 2 fulltime researcher very early.
You have the anima tree as center of your meditation focus. Since any building/furniture will lower the meditation bonus of that tree you shouldn't start your colony that close.
Then your pawn will spend some time each day to travel to that tree and back. At last flooring don't lower the bonus and allow you to build ways to the tree. But since the tree is that far away many of the pawn might eat there and geting eat without table mood.
But the hugh benefit are, when more pawn meditate there, more anima grass will grow and allow you faster to level up a psycast.
I never got so many lvl 6 psycaster then with a tribal colony. And many high level psycaster can be very useful.
Special without these royal title withdraws.

I only realy miss some healing psycast (Mind over body).

Ledaren

About jobs, my pawn can still hauling and cleaning even after reaching praetor title. Is that a bug? He didn't have the "conceited" traits

Canute

Praetor got disallowed dumb labor, so you shouldn't be able to assign him as hauler or cleaner.
That restriction comes from the titlte not from a trait.

When you play with mods, a mod let the pawn clean his working space before he start to work.
Another mod let the pawn pickup stuff to haul before he move home.
I notice both let pawn with dumb labor doing hauling and cleaning but you can't assign him to hauling/cleaning.

Ledaren

I thought it was vanilla. Don't remember have mods that allow them.

From wiki
Conceited vs Non Conceited
Titled pawns with the Greedy, Jealous, or Abrasive traits become Conceited after gaining Titles, and would refuse to do certain types of work as they rise up the ranks.

Titled pawns without those traits can continue to do all types of work they used to be able to even after gaining higher titles.

Alenerel

Im gonna be honest with you. I read this post the other day and I read it again and I still dont understand it. What are you asking? Or is it just a story you share for the sake of it?

Ledaren

He is comparing the psylink acquisition. Which is better in your eyes?

Feyda

It has been a very long time since colonist royal pawns were restricted from doing any work.  The only ones that have restrictions now are certain traited pawns (dont remember the full list) and the game warns you that the pawn will be restricted if you tell it to give them a title.

Alenerel

The main comparison is having throne room + royal bedrooms + permits vs. none of that and no permits.