Can't Right Click with colonists.

Started by Rick_Locker, October 25, 2020, 10:01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick_Locker

For reasons I can't figure out I can't right click with a colonist selected. I can't move them while drafted, I can't have them pick up weapons or assign tasks.

I've been playing Rimworld for a few years now and I played it last week without issue. I haven't added anymore mods since then but something has cause the right click to completely disable when a colonist is selected. I have heard that this was a common issue back in A17 and tends to be cause by incompatible mods, but I haven't got the slightest idea on what mod would cause this.

I'm on the latest version of Rimworld, playing on PC through Steam and with a mouse, if that seems to be relevant info.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

UPDATE: I also found out something else about this bug. Whatever it is hasn't just disabled the right-click for colonists, it's also disabled the AI for all pawns on the map. By that I mean all colonists, animals and humanlikes on the map will be frozen in place and unable to do anything. I didn't notice it before because I was focused on not being able to control the colonists. There is also noticeable lag.

Canute

Hi,
sound's like a critical error. One or more error conflict and throwing out error's so nothing will work anymore.

You can try and post a logfile (If you use hugslib press CTRL-F12 or use the Share logs button and post the link), but i don't give you much hope.

When you activate mods be sure you have no error's at the logwindow. Any error is a sign that is something wrong.
You could just miss a required mod or put it at the wrong order.
Better try to identify the mod, check the mod discussion about errors/ask the mod author und better avoid the mod until the mod author say something else.

Canute

The error is about drugs at various pawns.
I would try to assign all pawns to another drug policy, then delete the social drug one.
Or try to modify the Social drug policy at first, maybe that allready help.

AidyyJ

I'm having the same issues but pawns are still able to move.  I've replicated this bug in 2 new saves in a row.  The general issue is that an area becomes "blocked" and pawns can't complete any actions there. 

On my first save part of my grow zone became "blocked."  So pawns couldn't harvest or cut it, I got rid of the zone, the problem persisted.  Then I used dev mode to destroy the plants, I couldn't do anything there though because pawns wouldn't build anything.

On my second save everything was fine for quite a while,  I got myself a good start then I noticed my pawns weren't manufacturing anything from the machining bench, it was the same problem.  My pawns couldn't manufacture or deconstruct the item.

Logs for save 2:  https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/967bb015c8923a2dd580d8218d312128

I tried the advice that was given to OP but it didn't work for my save.

Canute

Because you don't got any error's about drugs.
The log don't show any error's anyway, so it is hard to say anything.

You should try to deactivate Achtung,Prison Labor,Locks (one by one) and check if that helps.

AidyyJ

I've figured it out now.  It wasn't a bug at all, at least in my case.  These blocked areas were in my prison labour zone, I'd forgotten that this means colonist pawns can't work there.

Thanks for getting back to me.