FPS drops although I have a good pc

Started by HandsomeCamel, November 02, 2020, 02:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HandsomeCamel

Hello

I'm having a bad low fps problem, I have so many mods and I didn't have any problem with them, it just happened suddenly 😥.

I have a very good pc and monitor, I don't have any problems with it and I play very heavy games with ultra HD.

So I'm not sure what is the problem 😥, also I tried to start a new colony and I didn't have the low FPS problem.

Please help 🌹

Edit: I can play but it is really annoying

I have about 11 colonists and 8 of them are traveling so the colony is empty.

There are 6 colonists who joined in 2 game days but even after they joined, I didn't have any problem with FPS, it just happened suddenly.

How there are people who play with so many colonists with no problems?

Canute

Hi,
unless you are playing with xlarge maps and/or ALOT of tamed animals, lag shouldn't happen with just 11 colonist.
With alot of animals, you should overthink that strategy. Restricting the zone and feed them with hay/kibble instead to let them grass could help. When all the animals seek the next grass it take alot of calucation compared to an animal that idle wander around.

You should take a look at the log window (enable developer mode at the options, then the top left icon to open the window).
Do you have errors (red text) or other message spam ?
When you got errors, you should post the logfile. When you use hugslib too, use the green Share logs button or press CTRL-F12 to upload and post the link you got.

HandsomeCamel

Quote from: Canute on November 02, 2020, 03:15:28 PM
Hi,
unless you are playing with xlarge maps and/or ALOT of tamed animals, lag shouldn't happen with just 11 colonist.
With alot of animals, you should overthink that strategy. Restricting the zone and feed them with hay/kibble instead to let them grass could help. When all the animals seek the next grass it take alot of calucation compared to an animal that idle wander around.

You should take a look at the log window (enable developer mode at the options, then the top left icon to open the window).
Do you have errors (red text) or other message spam ?
When you got errors, you should post the logfile. When you use hugslib too, use the green Share logs button or press CTRL-F12 to upload and post the link you got.
Yes, I play with x large map, is for sure the problem?
Is there anyway to copy all my mods names to post here?
Thank you so much for the reply

Canute

xlarge maps = xlarge amount of items to handle and more wild animals to calculate.

When you don't got error or something else at the log window, i don't need a modlist.
But just an info for you, a good way to share modlist and log are the use the green "Share log" button or press CTRL-F12 if you use the hugslib mod too.

If you don't have any other problem you need to live with it. Rimworld isn't very optimized. More CPU core's don't matter much compared to higher clock speed. You should have enough RAM too i bet.