Under the mountain

Started by Kaiser09, November 05, 2020, 04:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaiser09

Hi guys, I want to share my story because I am having a lot of fun with the current game I started at quite a difficult level.
After the initial exploit, I got in trouble because I wanted to build my colony entirely under a huge mountain, so I started to drill every piece of rock.
Very ugly rooms (need to excavate the rocks and level the walls), trash everywhere and lack of food almost took me to lose all my pawns.
I fortunately managed to recover well, but my favorite guy which gained the initial psylink and the freehold title (he was supposed to be the noble of the colony), died of cholera, vaiolo or something at the beginning.

He's being resting in the fridge (he's still fresh) for a while, my idea is to resuscitate him once I get the appropriate tool.
But unfortunately I had a harsh winter followed by 17 days volcano eruption which obscured everything bringing the temperature to -30, so I haven't seen people in months (nor animals), nor I received good quests.

Can I bury him in the ground and then use the resuscitation tool later or does he has to be fresh? He's giving a mood penalty every time you open the fridge.

I managed to gain another freeholder title to another guy, but how can I get another psylink?
Also, the position on the map (I am encircled by savage enemies) can affect the number and timing of merchants' visits? It seems I am having few visits than the usual, but I am also playing at hardest level than before.

kclace

Resurrection Serum is pretty hard to get, but from what I've seen, it's best to put a body in a cryptosleep casket to preserve if possible.

My advice. Move on. If you play on a difficult enough level, you're going to take casualties.

Of course, that's the fun of the game. You get to imagine the story of your colony and then you can write it down here if you like.

Maybe these people believe they are entitled to be resurrected and that death is just another curable illness? (A glitterworld belief) Or maybe they just accept death, bury the guy and move on? It's up to you.

Good luck in your service to the Empire!