Does mood affect tactical bonuses at all?

Started by Neurotoxin, August 11, 2014, 05:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neurotoxin

Like the title says, I'm wondering if mood affects tactical bonuses at all to simulate morale.

If it does already, cool. If not, suggestion:
Give tactical bonus to pawns with mood higher than target's mood by a set amount (% per n over target mood).

Shinzy

what sort of bonuses do you mean?

like if the colonist with higher mood value has advantage over someone with less mood
like can they perform surgeries with much steadier hands cause they're not so stressed about
the state of things?

I doubt they do atm? atleast I haven't noticed anything
but I hope it will in the future! =P some kind of stacking performance boost on certain tasks
based on the mood
That'd be real cool

Rahjital

I think tactical advantage as in being more accurate during fighting. I'm not sure how well would that work, everyone's mood usually falls very low during fight due to all the negative factors, sometimes it's tough to even keep them sane.

BetaSpectre

My colonist's mood doesn't seem to affect anything, though hunger/tired will slow your colonist.
Your colonist will have information (any pawn) about any debuffs
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Neurotoxin

Quote from: Shinzy on August 11, 2014, 05:34:40 PM
like if the colonist with higher mood value has advantage over someone with less mood

This, or rather if it effects accuracy/damage output/cover bonus.

An example a raider on the brink of breakdown (last survivor after a mortar siege maybe) with the exact same gear and shooting skill as a colonist with almost max mood. Assume the raider has no debuffs besides poor mood and the colonist has no buffs besides mood. Who will be more effective?

I realize if the raider has debuffs (which is likely after a prolonged mortar siege) he'll be less effective than a colonist without any. But assume the only buffs/debuffs are purely mood (morale) related. 

Rahjital

There are no mood-related debuffs (until the pawn goes crazy). Health, rest and being hungry affect one's speed and presumably also work speed, though they don't affect accuracy at all.

Tynan

Quote from: Rahjital on August 11, 2014, 07:47:06 PM
There are no mood-related debuffs (until the pawn goes crazy). Health, rest and being hungry affect one's speed and presumably also work speed, though they don't affect accuracy at all.

Rajhital is correct.

A ton of stuff affects abilities now, though (in the current Alpha7 branch) so I may have to do a centralized pawn stats calculation system. I don't want to make a ton of game mechanics that people can't see, so if we add more stat influencers they'll have to be fed back somewhere, which really means making a new pawn stats inspection interface to display everything influencing a pawn's abilities.

Maybe in Alpha 7.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Neurotoxin

Quote from: Tynan on August 11, 2014, 09:22:13 PM
Quote from: Rahjital on August 11, 2014, 07:47:06 PM

Rajhital is correct.

A ton of stuff affects abilities now, though (in the current Alpha7 branch) so I may have to do a centralized pawn stats calculation system. I don't want to make a ton of game mechanics that people can't see, so if we add more stat influencers they'll have to be fed back somewhere, which really means making a new pawn stats inspection interface to display everything influencing a pawn's abilities.

Maybe in Alpha 7.

That sounds awesome and thanks for the reply. Guess that answers that.