Game ui keeps flickering

Started by toxicobra, November 14, 2020, 11:04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxicobra

The game ui starts to flicker (disappear and reaper at a fast rate) this does not happen as soon as a I open a save or new colony it happens after a random period of time. This makes the game unplayable, however I noticed if I switch to different colonists that are raiding once the flickering starts then it won't flicker on that screen but will resume once I go back to the original area.

Canute

Hi,
looks like you are too toxious for the game as cobra !!:-)

You didn't say what Rimworld version do you play.
If you use mods and does at the log window appear errors (red text) ? To see the log window you need to enable developer mode at the options.

When you got errors, the log file would be useful. At the option Open log file location, the player.log.
You need to use Reply first to see file attachment options.
Or when you use mods, you mosttime got hugslib too, then use the green button "Share logs" and post the link you got.

toxicobra

I play on the newest version, It happens on saves I played a while on without mods and occurs sometimes occurs very quickly with certain mods mainly those that affect other factions in the game. I cannot open the ingame log as the flickering makes me unable to press the log soon as it happens.

Canute

When you enable the developer mode before you load a safegame, the log window auto. popup once an error happen.
And even when you can't open the log window, the log file still exist and can still be viewed.
At the option you got Log file location button.

When the flickering happen even without mods it can be that the installation is somehow corrupt, like some surplus old version files. Just manual delete the Data folder inside the rimworld installation and reinstall/repair it.

I don't think you have a problem with your videocard, because that wouldn't prevent you to open anything. So i think it is more some error that happen that cause the flickering.

toxicobra

ok thank you, I will delete all the save data and reinstall the game, if I get the same problem i will use the developer mode.

Canute

Errr not the Saved Data, that is a different location/folder.
Inside the Rimworld installation you find the folder "Data" inside is Core and Royalty.

Canute

At first, you said it happen with or without mods and now you throw me 100 mods around my eyes.
So i think that is more a mods issue.

When you activate mods, you allways should have developer mode on, so you can see when if a mod throw out errors after activation.
Depend on the error but mosttimes the mod don't work correct anyway and could cause more problems during gameplay.
So better don't use such mods, check the mod discussion about the error's and maybe leave a comment there about them.
These "Exception loading list element from XML: " at startup don't have any string you could use to search for at the Mods folder.
The only way to identify the mod which cause this is to deactivate mods. Or maybe deactivate all and activate mods at small batches (5-10 mods).

And i think you don't need the 3 FemaleBB BodyType mods, i don't think none of your races need them.
But ok, it don't hurt when you keep them.

So clear up the error's on startup, that prolly fix most of the problems. But i don't think you can play the current colony anymore.

toxicobra

Sorry my bad, I just loaded a list of mods I had before to get the problem faster didn't think about the larger log I probably created but thanks