New challenges?

Started by piranha, April 07, 2017, 08:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b0rsuk

Quote from: piranha on April 19, 2017, 10:28:40 AM
But i wonder how you managed to kill a Thumbo with melee only.. tried it 2 times, yeah, it was dead, but also two colonists and another two who lost most of their limbs.. maybe with power armor, but had no chance in early game..

I even managed to kill two at a time. Not feasible without kevlar helmet, vest, and devilstrand everything. Even with those things you can lose an arm or leg. Maybe if I had all plasteel weapons, but I had a mix of plasteel and steel.

Sian

customize a scenario to not have any chance of an event adding to your initial 2 colonists (change to 1 when A17 comes around when they can medicate themselves) and try to escape the world

piranha

Tried this yesterday, and it was pretty fun, i call it "Invasion":

Start with 6 pawns and 4 muffalos. The pawns are all good in combat, don't care about other skills, equip them with best armor and weapons of your choice.
Goal is to attack and destroy as many settlements as you can before all your pawns die.
You are not allowed to build something, harvest or dig. You must only attack, heal, sleep and eat. You are allowed to use the remains of a successful raid.
Creating a new colony is also forbidden, so you only have 24 hours to fix yourself up after a raid.

I only made it till winter, but destroyed 12 settlements in this time. But I guess with better planing you can make way more.

Shurp

I'm inadvertently playing a melee only colony at the moment.  I decided to try a tribal start in tundra.  I have electricity and greenhouses up and running but no spare resources for making weapons and haven't researched turrets, so my choices are to try to have shootouts with pirates using shortbows and scavenged shotguns, or...

...have all my guys hide inside when the pirates show up, wait for them to split up, then grab shivs and dogpile them one at a time.  *slice slice slice* pirate dies *quick run back inside!*
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Superteej1996

You could always start with like 100 luciferium and make all your colonists addicted and when you run out that's a game over. True hardcore mode haha. Any biome too.

Shurp

Almost sounds like the end-of-world scenario.  Get luciferium production up and running before your stockpile runs out or you die.

How long would it take two competent researchers to climb the tech tree to get luciferium production going?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

ChristopherLymon

Quote from: omally on April 22, 2017, 04:47:39 AM
Quote from: b0ersuk on April 19, 2017, 07:56:29 AM
Building under overhead mountain is not mandatory. I assume you did it's called Testogen for extra challenge.

Crazy idea indeed. Crazy fun that is! I can't wait to try it out as well.
I also want to try because it is really very amazing. I enjoyed it and I want to try it myself as well. Thanks for writing this post.