Started by daavko, February 19, 2019, 09:07:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daavko

What it does

This mod adds 3 new variants of shelves:

• A small 1x1 shelf
  • A wider 3x1 shelf
  • A very wide 4x1 shelf
All shelves behave the same as a vanilla shelf, except they have no default storage settings.

Requirements

None.

Compatibility

This mod is compatible with RimWorld 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2.

Save compatibility

Adding to an existing save
It's safe to add this mod to an existing save without any problems.

Removing from an existing save
If you want to remove this mod from an existing save, make sure to deconstruct all 1x1, 3x1, and 4x1 shelves first.

Download links

Steam Workshop
Latest version from GitHub (all versions)
Nexus Mods

How to install:

- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Credits

All textures included in this mod are derived from the vanilla shelf texture.

togfox

For those looking for pictures - you can see them in the steam workshop.  :)

Just checking that material and crafting time scales accordingly so that a 1x4 takes 4 times the material and time? Preserving game balance is important for some players.  :)  Thanks!

daavko

Quote from: togfox on February 19, 2019, 06:26:41 PM
For those looking for pictures - you can see them in the steam workshop.  :)

Just checking that material and crafting time scales accordingly so that a 1x4 takes 4 times the material and time? Preserving game balance is important for some players.  :)  Thanks!

Yes, material and crafting time scales according to the size, as do hitpoints of the shelves. Not 4 times though, because the 4x1 is only twice the size of a vanilla shelf (2x1).
(I'll also add some images to this thread, totally forgot about them, heh...)

Canute

About images, you can use the forum [ img][/ img] to link to the workshop images, if you like.

And what are the advance to use the 3x1/4x1 shelfe's anyway ?
Only the combines HP's made them a bit harder to destroy then single ones.
Shouldn't be the building cost of the larger ones a bit less then the 1x1 ones since they share some side parts ?
And i would suggest to add 2 row variants (3x2,4x2).

daavko

Quote from: Canute on February 20, 2019, 03:20:22 AM
And what are the advance to use the 3x1/4x1 shelfe's anyway ?
Only the combines HP's made them a bit harder to destroy then single ones.
It's mostly so you don't have to build multiple 2x1 shelves.

Quote from: Canute on February 20, 2019, 03:20:22 AMShouldn't be the building cost of the larger ones a bit less then the 1x1 ones since they share some side parts ?
That's a pretty good point. I might lower the material cost a bit on the bigger ones. I'd have to increase the cost for the 1x1 a bit though, since the vanilla 2x1 would share some side parts with it and all that.

Quote from: Canute on February 20, 2019, 03:20:22 AMAnd i would suggest to add 2 row variants (3x2,4x2).
Nice suggestion. I'll probably add them. Do you mean that like two 3x1/4x1 put back to back? Like this:

Canute

QuoteDo you mean that like two 3x1/4x1 put back to back? Like this:
Basicly yes,
maybe move them a bit more together so they don't show a double middle line, like when you build 2 1x4 together.

daavko

Quote from: Canute on February 20, 2019, 07:16:26 AM
QuoteDo you mean that like two 3x1/4x1 put back to back? Like this:
Basicly yes,
maybe move them a bit more together so they don't show a double middle line, like when you build 2 1x4 together.

Yeah, those weren't the actual 3x2 and 4x2 shelves, I just put two of the 3x1 and 4x1 against each other to see how it should look like  ;D . I'll see when I have time to do the textures.

Lex Silvas

Please can you make it compatible with "Save Storage, Outfit, Crafting, & Drug Settings" mod. Since this mod it's very useful when you talk about storage and it's a missing feature that could easily become quite handy.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=34075.msg347485#msg347485

Thanks!
XoXo

daavko

A new version of More Shelves has been released.

It now supports RimWorld 1.1.

daavko

I've done a goof and broke compatibility with 1.0 saves. That's now been fixed. Get v1.1.1 if you want to play on RimWorld 1.0 (alternatively, if you're subscribed on Steam Workshop, it should update automatically).

daavko

A new version of More Shelves has been released.

It now supports RimWorld 1.2.

kurtt

Hey daavko. I really appreciate this mod. But there is one problem. The 1x1 shelves dont behave same as vanilla shelf. In vanilla pawns dont need to walk over to the shelf to take the items. But with 1x1 shelf they walk over it. It behaves like a regular stockpile zone tile. I dont know whats the problem. Thanks!