FPS Lowered and Music Manager Problem Spammed in Dev Log

Started by 1f4r88u, November 10, 2020, 08:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1f4r88u

Hey y'all I've been playing a modded save for about a day's worth a time now and I'm just noticing a problem with FPS. The dev log seems to be littered with errors described as:

Root level exception in Update(): System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
at RimWorld.MusicManagerPlay.MusicUpdate () [0x0019c] in <82ff53f4436442f9a879167049ea7b06>:0

It only happens when a song started playing because it was running perfectly fine with no music until it started. When I noticed the problem I installed the music manager mod hoping I could skip songs if the problem was with one or two music files but evidently that is not true

Here is the log: https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/c70297b6eda87f596c20cb45d37956ee

I saw someone posted a similar problem but I don't share many mods with them and the problem mod they discovered is one I don't have installed.

Canute

Hi,
you allready identify the problem yourself, what do you await ?
You should contact the author of the music manager directly or at the mod topic/discussion to seek advice.

1f4r88u

The problem still exists, the music manager mod did not do anything. I am still hoping to identify the cause of the problem and rectify it- be it a mod problem or something else

Canute

But you see at the error msg. the string "musicmanager" so you should ask the author of that mod for advice.
At the mod discussion they mention another error together with "VanillaExpanded.RoyaltyPatches" but that is a different error then you got.

1f4r88u

The problem arose before I installed the Music Manager mod, and still exists when I uninstalled it. However, I uninstalled Vanilla Expanded Royalty Patches and that seems to have rectified the problem so thank you.