Modding Request/Suggestion - "Frankenstein"

Started by PBSpiralGamer, November 12, 2020, 02:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PBSpiralGamer

Hello! I had an idea for a mod that would be fun to see. While I tried modding myself... I'm way better at having and elaborating on my ideas than actually doing it.

If you've ever played without mods, the only way to get a colonist back after their death is using a resurrector mech serum. However, you have no control over when you get them. This mod will give you an alternative that you can control. Of course, it would be costly and meant to be used late mid-game, but it would get rid of those times where you have to shove a corpse into a freezer, keep it away from colonists and animals, and pray you get a resurrector mech serum before something bad happens.

The core implementation would be a workbench that you have to place outdoors. If there's a thunderstorm, lightening will strike and re-animate the corpse (You can choose the corpse to put on the workbench).

That's very simple yes? But I have greater ambitions. I've linked a google doc that includes the idea that I wrote a few days ago on a google doc and some psuedo code that might help.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bqA1272HXiGSmXluDHKtMrmUd3r3gtCYnrRcFJJ6t0c/edit?usp=sharing

If you make the mod you can have the credit for the page in the workshop, but please credit me in the description (near the top if that's cool since I really doubt anyone will read to the bottom). Any questions just ask. One more thing: Ideally this mod would work with mods like EPOE, Harvest Everything, & Harvest Post-Mortem, but that's just if you feel like going the extra step.

Edit: If you do make it, comment a link to the workshop page. If you want to make it and want me to help, comment and I'll help as much as I can