Half of the UI missing

Started by zibrolta00, November 13, 2020, 04:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zibrolta00

So.. The problem is that as soon as the game shows me map after generating new settlement, UI dissappears instantly, only 1 colonist out of 4 is displayed on colonist bar.
Also, while on map, debug log is being constantly spammed by one single error "Root level exception in OnGUI(): System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index has to be between upper and lower bound of the array. But if i go back to main menu it stops.
Game doesn't crash, just keeps on sending this error. I think the problem is because of some of my mods loaded, because they are the only ones adding tabs to bottom screen UI - Character Editor, Hospitality, RuntimeCG.
Currently fighting against Empire(Royalty) to support Android enclave (mod: Androids), traveling from one planet to another using my space ship (mod: Save Our Ship 2). Pretty good life, not counting the cost i had to pay to launch that ship - i lost my first home, just because ship is too expensive.

zibrolta00

UPD: Okay, right now i disabled those mod's display in bottom tabs, and error keeps on appearing.
Currently fighting against Empire(Royalty) to support Android enclave (mod: Androids), traveling from one planet to another using my space ship (mod: Save Our Ship 2). Pretty good life, not counting the cost i had to pay to launch that ship - i lost my first home, just because ship is too expensive.

Canute

Hi,
none of the mods "Character Editor, Hospitality, RuntimeCG. " should cause a problem, they works fine at myside with many others.
But it is hard do say what mod else could cause this, but it is prolly a mod that add another bottom UI button.
Keep hugslib at your modlist, then you can use the hugslib feature to quickstart testcolonies with the top right icon (developer mode on ofcouse).
Disable some (half) of your mods use quickstart to check if the problem is gone. Reenable half of the deactivated mods ....

But ofcouse you shouldn't have any other error's at the logwindow after mod activation ! :-)

zibrolta00

Quote from: Canute on November 13, 2020, 04:40:42 PM
Hi,
none of the mods "Character Editor, Hospitality, RuntimeCG. " should cause a problem, they works fine at myside with many others.
But it is hard do say what mod else could cause this, but it is prolly a mod that add another bottom UI button.
Keep hugslib at your modlist, then you can use the hugslib feature to quickstart testcolonies with the top right icon (developer mode on ofcouse).
Disable some (half) of your mods use quickstart to check if the problem is gone. Reenable half of the deactivated mods ....

But ofcouse you shouldn't have any other error's at the logwindow after mod activation ! :-)
(i have Hugs, since some mods need it)
UI dissappears as soon as i load in game, right on the settlement map. I'll try to do save, so i can give my full mod list.

zibrolta00

There, all the mods i used when the error first appeared:
Harmony; Core; Royalty; Humanoid Alien Races 2.0; Androids; HugsLib; Character Editor; CM Color Coded Mood Bar [1.1+]; Desynchronized: Tales and News (Continued); Tech Advancing; Pick Up And Haul; Polyamory Beds (Vanilla Edition); Children, school and learning; [RF] Rational Romance (Continued); Save Our Ship 2; Trader ships; [KV] Show Hair With Hats or Hide All Hats; EdB Prepare Carefully; Hospitality; Replace Stuff; Simple sidearms; Snap Out!; Wall Light; RuntimeGC

Hope this helps.

Canute

Sorry, i can't point at a mod and say, that it is, noone know all mod's and all incompactiblies with other mods.
And the error don't give any hint about a mod, only that is something out of range.
When the problem don't appear right at colony start, you should deactivate mod they are safe to deactivate during gameplay, like Character Editor,Character Editor, ...
And check if that helps and you can find the problem mod.

zibrolta00

Okay, i found out what is causing this problem.
Just one mod i downloaded recently - Hospitality. Right now started a discussion on Steam mod's page, let's hope we can find a solution, since that is first time for such a strange behavior with that mod.