Please add Pick Up and Haul, Common Sense, and More Floors to the base game.

Started by Locklear, November 15, 2020, 02:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Locklear

I love modded Rimworld. After 600 hours of modded-only gameplay, I got sick of my saves breaking every time one of my 50+ mods updated so I decided to give vanilla a try. The experience has been frustrating to say the least.

Once your colony gets to a certain size, hauling and cleaning becomes a never ending mini-game of frustration. When my pawns are hauling 50 corn at a time and there's 1500 corn on the ground, it can spiral everything out of control unless I manually start telling people to haul shit. Same goes for cleaning. Unless you can dedicate 1 pawn to cleaning and 1-2 to hauling, you need to keep cleaning and hauling at the front of your mind and do it manually. Pick Up and Haul and Common Sense are 2 mods that completely fix this issue.

Creativity with building is extremely lacking. We have 4 floors we can use, if you exclude the ultra expensive niche floors like shag carpet and sterile tiles. We have 1 wood floor, 1 stone floor, 1 steel floor, and 1 carpet. Some more variant would be nice like in the More Floors addon.

The 3 mods in the title deserve to be added to the base game. They're incredibly functional, balanced, and lightweight enough I don't see how implementing them would be difficult.

deepan

If they're incredibly functional, balanced and lightweight, why not use just those 3 mods with vanilla? Also, try Wemd's Expanded floors with drop down menu addon instead of more floors. I find them more interesting and polished over more floors :)