Game freezes in middle of butchering/cooking loop

Started by dragondevil, November 21, 2020, 02:03:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragondevil

So whenever my colonists try to cook or butch the game freezes for a second to stop their task from completing and causing them to just eventually leave the process having done nothing most of the time, a few times they will finish their task but not the usual thing that happens and its been driving me nuts and pissing me off because it started randomly in a series of bugs and crashes that have plagued me for a long time now that literally ruined a play through because it became a unstable save. i have a massive mod list if you want it, i cant exactly turn mods off as that will crash rimworld for 99% of the mods being removed one at a time. massively unstable because of this and the bug.

https://gist.github.com/6070548d0318dcd578922ee80a8ccd0e log from the rough time it happens

Canute

Hi,
is Black butcher ?
Then maybe the repeating error about his hair's cause the problem.
Try to remove Hair mod, or add the mod Character editor and change his hair.

dragondevil

Nope didnt do a thing still looping massively when they try to cook something :/

dragondevil

it doesnt fix itself is there a hard limit on mods that might be fucking with rimworld? i have like 160 ish activated.

Canute

Only 160 ? Thats the an average.
300 are much, 400 was the top someone posted and i notice.

You have some XML and cross-reference error's at rimworld startup.
But when you identify the mods which cause them and deactivate them, you might have more trouble with your current colony.
It is allways easy to add mod's to a existing colony, but removing isn't allways that easy.

Could not load reference to Verse.ThingDef named RimFridge_SingleRefrigerator
Did you remove the mod Rimfridge, or does maybe one of your mods need Rimfridge as requirement ?

QuoteCould not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Bodies/Naked_Male_northm in any active mod or in base resources.
that could be the reason for the error too.
I though at first a bad race mod, but beside Android and the expanded you don't have any. And i don't think they cause that.
Did you maybe removed more mods and some corpse are still left on the map ?

But i don't give you much hope. To resolve an error on an existing colony is from the playerside nearly impossible.
When you can identify the mod which cause it, the mod author maybe can help and made an update. But the problem is to identify the mod.
That it is so important to keep the rimworld startup errorfree. Later you need to life with them, if they arn't total gamebreaking.

dragondevil

Yea idk why but that rimfridge isnt in that modlist anymore it wasnt going away, no idea about the race as the only race mod i have is the humanoid alien race which is required for android mods.

dragondevil

Im just done, spent like 8 hours today activating portions of my modlist only to be put back to square 0 as apprentily NOTHING works anymore and the modlist that did work fine is no longer working fine, go figure i cant mod this game for shit >_>