44 (60.3%)
No
15 (20.5%)
I tick it to check then untick it - I prefer manual update checks
14 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Neurotoxin

Quick bump for recent update and to the *nix/mac users out there:

Theoretically (according to MoMA) the save editor should run fine on Mono which is basically a cross-platform implementation of the .net framework.

If anyone could give it a try and let me know I'd appreciate it. If anything I'll have to go through and change path seperators but wherever possible I already use / (from having been a java user and disliking having C:\\path\\to\\file because it looks ugly). Anywho, that is all. Enjoy modifying them there saves.

buriring

@Neurotoxin
Thanks a lot. Now it works fine.

Neurotoxin

Quote from: buriring on August 16, 2014, 04:48:36 AM
@Neurotoxin
Thanks a lot. Now it works fine.

No problem, glad I figured it out.

Update for the linux users out there:
Just got my VM reinstalled (long story but a while ago I reformatted my dual boot) and:

The program runs fine on linux (save maybe the ThoughtDefDumper). I'm not sure what the file system for rimworld looks like on a mac/linux (I'll get the linux version in a bit) so there might be a couple flaws.

If you have Mono (find out by entering mono in a terminal) start the app with : mono path/to/RimWorldSaveEditor.exe
if not, see my post above.

Mac users, I know the app is packaged differently for you so for now I assume thoughts aren't going to work properly, I'll take a look later tonight or in the morning. If any mac using modders out there want to point out where the defs are located That'd be helpful/ and or how to access them on a mac.

EDIT: downloaded both the linux and mac versions, linux is laid out the same as windows (As I suspected) so thoughts will work fine (theoretically, my test run worked fine at least) and mac users, when it asks for your rimworld directory, point it at the RimWorld###Mac.app file/folder (if it lets you, not sure if FolderBrowserDialog will see it as a folder or a file).

w00d

getting an error message using this, works fine with 9.3

added error text as an attachment

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Neurotoxin

Quote from: w00d on August 16, 2014, 08:09:34 AM
getting an error message using this, works fine with 9.3

added error text as an attachment

I think I know what might be causing this, could you attach your save file so I can verify, or just go through it and let me know if any colonist has multiple instances of the same thought with the same age?

Edit: I'm actually about to head out but just in case my idea is right, would you try this build for me? If it solves the issue then my theory is right and I'll have to find a new way to create a unique key for each thought. Also, if my theory is right, you won't see all of your colonists thoughts to remove. whatever one is being duplicated will only show up if you remove the first, save and reload the save.

w00d

Yes working ok, able to remove thought and edit stats with no issues. Not able to add thought, still getting same error message but the add thought is something else.

thank you for the quick response!

Neurotoxin

Quote from: w00d on August 16, 2014, 09:04:11 AM
Yes working ok, able to remove thought and edit stats with no issues. Not able to add thought, still getting same error message but the add thought is something else.

thank you for the quick response!

Alright, awesome. I love when I just know what it is, and I do, also, know what the adding thought issue you're having is. I'll have an update out in the next hour or two to address the issue. Maybe I need a QA team haha. In all seriousness though, when I added thoughts I *thought* that I had taken care of the duplicate key issue, I didn't think that a colonist would have a stacked thought with the exact same age.

Edit: I've attached a temporary fix, should solve all the issue you're having for now until tonight when I get a new release build out. If you have any more issue let me know.

jonat622

Iwillbenicetou

I can't find where to attach my save files. They're in Library, but I don't know where to access them. any help?
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Calistyn

Downloaded this today so I could goof off with giving my colonists awesome combat stats. I discovered while playing that the stat changes decay over time. I don't know if that's intentional? I'm assuming it is not.

Neurotoxin

Quote from: jonat622 on August 17, 2014, 12:56:12 PM
Where am i supposed to load from? Please help

Windows user will be in C:\Users\[User name]\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Saves
Linux saves should be in /home/[username]/.config/unity3d/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld
Mac saves should be in Users/[username]/library/cache/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld

The second popup is asking for your rimworld directory, for windows and linux this is your rimworld###[os} folder, where the rimworld exe is located. For mac, point it at your Rimworld.app

Quote from: Calistyn on August 17, 2014, 04:26:04 PM
Downloaded this today so I could goof off with giving my colonists awesome combat stats. I discovered while playing that the stat changes decay over time. I don't know if that's intentional? I'm assuming it is not.

That's not caused by the save editor. The game itself has skill decay on high skills. If they don't get used, they decay.  So if you want super colonists, make sure that guy you gave 20 mining always has something to mine, and that researcher with 20 research is always researching.

I didn't get any updates rolled out yesterday as I didn't really have time to work on it, IRL stuff but I'll get something rolled out real soon.

jonat622

Iwillbenicetou

I mean I can't find where to upload, because I want to upload my save file, so you can work on making a version for mac...
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Raufgar

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on August 17, 2014, 10:19:37 PM
I mean I can't find where to upload, because I want to upload my save file, so you can work on making a version for mac...

Since attachment limits on this forum is very small, please upload your save file to a third party app like DropBox or Google Drive and provide the link here.
Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.