Yes
44 (60.3%)
No
15 (20.5%)
I tick it to check then untick it - I prefer manual update checks
14 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Neurotoxin

haha, no worries, without reported bugs maybe I can actually get around to rebasing the code, I'll actually have enough time to do more thorough QA myself before release as well so Maybe I'll break less each time I fix it.

Neurotoxin

Just wanted to pop in really quick and give everyone an update. This has not been abandoned, I've been working on it every day but it's undergoing MASSIVE changes to the code base. There hasn't been any activity on GitHub because I'm keeping the changes local until it's cleaned up. I'd expect seeing at least a new push to the GitHub by the end of the weekend. that said the best date I can give is Soonâ,,¢

MoparGamer

Iwillbenicetou

So is the Mac version ok? I read through every single post. I saw yours, but it was a bit confusing, so can I use this with Rimworld?
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Neurotoxin

There's no reason I know of that it shouldn't work with mono. The only way to know for sure is to try it.

MrBlazzar

Hey man any news on the progress of the Re-factored code base for the save editor?

Neurotoxin

I was just going to post an update on that today. Progress came to a halt about 3 days ago when I suffered a hard disk failure. After several days dicking around I've gotten my computer back to a usable state (had to completely start everything fresh, reinstall windows, drivers, Visual Studio etc.. still have 2.5 gb of windows updates) until I can get a new HDD. I JUST pulled about 5 minutes ago my source back but I've lost all of my local changes so rebasing the code will have to be restarted from scratch. That said, it shouldn't be too long before I get out a release with the rebased code or at least a solid build on the current code.

During that time, I've resorted to pseudo building the code on paper/pencil so I have a good working layout of what needs to be done. My current plan is to refactor the loading code and rebuild the way data is presented to the UI and push out a half-way update while trying to fix up what's left of current bugs.

I sincerely apologize for the delays.

MrBlazzar

Quote from: Neurotoxin on September 13, 2014, 09:01:30 AM
I was just going to post an update on that today. Progress came to a halt about 3 days ago when I suffered a hard disk failure. After several days dicking around I've gotten my computer back to a usable state (had to completely start everything fresh, reinstall windows, drivers, Visual Studio etc.. still have 2.5 gb of windows updates) until I can get a new HDD. I JUST pulled about 5 minutes ago my source back but I've lost all of my local changes so rebasing the code will have to be restarted from scratch. That said, it shouldn't be too long before I get out a release with the rebased code or at least a solid build on the current code.

During that time, I've resorted to pseudo building the code on paper/pencil so I have a good working layout of what needs to be done. My current plan is to refactor the loading code and rebuild the way data is presented to the UI and push out a half-way update while trying to fix up what's left of current bugs.

I sincerely apologize for the delays.

Happens to us all. Thanks for the update man.

Neurotoxin

Just a quick heads up. I'm looking at a cleaned up release in the next day or two. Still far from exactly where I want the code-base to be but much more workable. I have to update the XML update code and clean out any lingering bugs and we'll be good to go. I might even slip a new feature in there depending on the effort it takes to get where I'm aiming. Thanks for sticking with me guys :D

TemplarsKnight

I've installed this mod, and I have my RimWorld folder up. The one thing I notice is that when I load the tool and press "Load" it takes me to nothing but my docs. I ask someone to take sometime and tell me the steps, thank you.

(If there is a How To on the mod page, please tell me because I probably never noticed it.)

Neurotoxin

Your saves should be in <user directory>\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Saves (Assuming you're on windows), you can easily get there by typing %appdata% in the address bar of the file explorer then going up one level to AppData and following the rest of the path. Once you've selected a save once it should by default open that folder in the future.

If you're not on windows:
MAC:       Users/[username]/library/cache/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Saves
LINUX:       /home/[username]/.config/unity3d/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Saves

I'll take this time to also give an update on the state of the editor. With Alpha 7 right around the corner I'm going to postpone pushing an update until then. I've hit a few snags with changing the way nodes are handled and in case things change I just want to hold off as I don't think A7 will be too far away.

Knigge

I really need a tool like this for playing, and I wonder what the state of this one is. Are you still working on it? :)

Neurotoxin

Quote from: Knigge on November 17, 2014, 01:53:34 PM
I really need a tool like this for playing, and I wonder what the state of this one is. Are you still working on it? :)

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer:
I haven't had internet for about a month besides my phone. My modem died and I couldn't afford a $90 service call (which is required even just to replace my damn modem, freaking stupid I couldn't just mail it in) and I finally got the tech out here to get me back online. That said, it's been a while since I even looked at the code for this so I'm basically restarting. I've already rebuilt the UI from scratch and now I'm working on handling the necessary file operations. Once I've finished that it'll be a bit of internal bugfixing and ensuring compatibility with mods that MAY change certain save file parameters such as The thing class of pawns. I won't be giving an ETA at this time but I'll try to keep it as timely as possible.

I really am sorry to anyone who might have asphyxiated from holding their breath for an update. Those of you still holding it, let it out, and take a new breath (Also, how the hell did you hold your breath for over a month!?).

All of the above said, all the features that were previously implemented WILL be returning in the next release but if you have a request for a new feature, now would be a great time to put it out there.

12/3/2014 Update:
Got the UI working beautifully, still in need of polish and missing a few features atm but I've gotten all the Data Binding issues worked out and no longer have to explicitly set each and every field. Next up, enabling the rest of the features (adding thoughts/traits, remove already works) and finally loading/parsing and saving the save file (I'm trying to do this as generically as possible to ensure forward compatibility at best as possible and mod compatibility). A screenshot of the new UI is below, remember this is still a WiP and needs a bit more refining and a few things added (like save, load, check for update [don't worry about that one it's pretty simple so it's not gonna slow me down]).

After I get a release of the new and improved editor released I'll work on adding tooltips to traits/thoughts and I got a couple features I might try to implement. I don't want to spoil the surprise on those too much so I'm going to keep quiet about them but I will tease the ability to remove a disease and set immunity.

Screenshot as promised. The names traits and thoughts are just debug values I came up with off the top of my head and the skills are randomly generated.

Ok, done posting now. Hi ho Hi ho, back to work I go.

UPDATE 12/4/2014:
Updated internal Thought and Trait Definitions last updated for A6

File Loading is now completely operational

Last thing that needs to be done before release is handling saving data, backups and update check.

Current working screencap:

DoomerDGR8

How to use the Backstory dumper? I can't figure it out. I was able to compile it but cannot understand where to put it...

Neurotoxin

Quote from: DoomerDGR8 on December 05, 2014, 02:38:50 AM
How to use the Backstory dumper? I can't figure it out. I was able to compile it but cannot understand where to put it...

It's a bit complicated to explain so I'll just say it doesn't work lol.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5046.msg48555#msg48555