Yes
44 (60.3%)
No
15 (20.5%)
I tick it to check then untick it - I prefer manual update checks
14 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Neurotoxin

Updated, added ability to change childhood/adulthood traits. Actual traits are next in the pipeline.

Adult/Childhood traits only got bumped up the list thanks to a generous contributor on GitHub. If you're a member here come say hello!

@Iwillbenicetou if you want to upload a save use Mediafire, Dropbox or any number of other hosts. I doubt I'll need the save itself, I assume it's the same BUT in the off-chance it isn't, get me a link and I'll take a look.

Almost done with the trait editor.

At the point now where you can view them. Might have it release ready before I go to bed. If not, it will be up tomorrow barring extreme circumstances.

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Neurotoxin

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on August 18, 2014, 10:05:38 AM
Here You go:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/5nl8h13akz5k45h/Jamestown.rwm

Yep, looks exactly the same. To run it you'll need the Mono MRE then open a terminal and enter: "mono path/to/saveeditor.exe" I don't know how shortcuts work on mac (maybe a shell script?) if anyone can let me know and I'll put it in the OP.

joshwoo69

Quote from: Neurotoxin on August 18, 2014, 09:08:34 PM
Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on August 18, 2014, 10:05:38 AM
Here You go:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/5nl8h13akz5k45h/Jamestown.rwm

Yep, looks exactly the same. To run it you'll need the Mono MRE then open a terminal and enter: "mono path/to/saveeditor.exe" I don't know how shortcuts work on mac (maybe a shell script?) if anyone can let me know and I'll put it in the OP.
Sorry for the erelavent quote but your mod is very nice indeed how did you manage it?

macrosblackd

Figured I pop in a say sup! I was the guy who helped put together the Backstory stuff.

Neurotoxin

Quote from: joshwoo69 on August 19, 2014, 09:55:50 AM
Sorry for the erelavent quote but your mod is very nice indeed how did you manage it?

Effort, practice, google and lots of testing. Oh and some help from Marcosblackd ^^

Kiba1177

Running on mac here; using mono in terminal to open the editor, it opens fine and I see the blank template and what not, I can click the load save button and then I can navigate and see a list of save files and then try to load my save- but once I select it, the program closes itself and I get the error message

QuoteLast login: Tue Aug 19 17:56:22 on ttys000
Robins-MacBook-Pro:~ RTT$ mono /Users/RTT/Downloads/RimworldSaveEditor/RimWorldSaveEditor.exe
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorldSaveEditor.Form1.RefreshBackstories () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorldSaveEditor.Form1.colonistListBox_SelectedIndexChanged (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox+SelectedIndexCollection.Add (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.set_SelectedIndex (Int32 value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnDataSourceChanged (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ListControl.set_DataSource (System.Object value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.ListControl:set_DataSource (object)
  at RimWorldSaveEditor.Form1.openFileButton_Click (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs mevent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs mevent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmLButtonUp (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Robins-MacBook-Pro:~ RTT$

Any clues on how to fix it?  I've tried loading other saves too, not sure what's going on. 

MonkeyWithAWrench

Hi again Neurotoxin. I know I mentioned before that I wanted to try giving you a hand on this, but I've been occupied these last few days or so trying to create a mod to fill a gap in the gameplay that I feel. Also I use mercurial for source control and don't have anything installed to handle git, so doing proper push/pull operations might be a bit difficult for me to do directly.

Still, I'd like to try my hand at poking around and seeing what I might be able to add. To that end, do you have an list of features or priorities for what you'd like to see done? I've got a couple ideas but it might be helpful to hear the kind of direction you wanted to go.

JibbeDahFish

never stop updating this friend it beats having god mode on all the time and helps with roleplay

Neurotoxin

@Kiba, I'll take a look and see what I can do. At first guess I'm thinking it didn't load the backstory values properly. Which version are you running? the stable release or the prerelease?

@MonkeyWithAWrench, I'm not sure what OS you're on but there's a lot of GUI tools for git. As for what needs doing, see TODO If you do want to help out via Git please base your changes of the InDev branch.

@JibbeDahFish I Intend to at least see this through to feature completion and if it's still in my hands (haven't transferred it to a new owner/ extreme circumstances) keep it up to date with the newest Alphas.

MonkeyWithAWrench

Well I feel silly. I guess I should have looked at the files a little bit better first :P
I was just starting to poke around between working on this other thing so I completely missed that. Anyway, yeah, I 'll see what I can do when I get the chance...

Neurotoxin

Ok, and no problem, I've missed links in OP's before, at least I'm not one of them guys that goes, "READ THE OP IDIOT!" it takes just as much energy as it does to repost the link or info that was missed and it 's actually helpful to do so.

macrosblackd

@MonkeyWithAWrench: Github has a pretty decent gui tool available to get you started with push/pull, etc. It even exposes direct command line access once you get more familiar and start to want to do more interesting things with it. Just google 'Github for Windows'. I also highly recommend Smartgit for mac/linux users. Hands down it is the most powerful git gui on the market. It even supports svn & hg.

@Neurotoxin: You need another option on the poll, 'I just pull the latest changes and build it myself!'

Neurotoxin

Quote from: macrosblackd on August 20, 2014, 12:19:52 AM
@Neurotoxin: You need another option on the poll, 'I just pull the latest changes and build it myself!'

ahahaha, That's "No". The poll is really just to gauge how useful it even is to the majority of users.

I actually Use Git Extensions
I've used Github for windows, and tried using smartGit and from the start I was just most comfortable with Git Ext.

Github for windows gave me nothing but problems (you can see that from my first few commit/pushes on github) Once it deleted my entire assemblyInfo.cs only to say I had another uncommited change that readded it with my one character change. That same time, it just would not not fail commiting the change so I had to resort to the commandline (which I barely knew) to fix it.

I haven't had a single problem since switching to GE. Github for windows is supposed to be a simple interface for people who can't, won't or just don't get the commandline (or don't want to use it I suppose but I think people who know it would want something with more ability) and it's great for a pure beginner to get used to Git with, until the inevitable error that can only be resolved via google, stack overflow and the command line.

Every day I'm thankful for stack overflow and that other people have already asked 99% of the questions I have and have recieved good answers.

MonkeyWithAWrench

As I mentioned I use Mercurial myself, and I do it through TortoiseHg. It's got a pretty d*** good gui actually. I've had some some experience with TortoiseGit, but it's been a fair while since then. Still, much of it is probably the same.

Some good news though. After using some google-fu, it looks like there an extension for TortoiseHg to allow changing repos between mercurial and git on the fly. It'll apparently even connect and work with github. So I might look into using that. It'd be nice to get the best of both worlds.