Yes
44 (60.3%)
No
15 (20.5%)
I tick it to check then untick it - I prefer manual update checks
14 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Neurotoxin

I usually try to avoid double posting but I want this to show as there is new replies.

I'm NEARLY ready to release 1.0 but I need some help. If anyone has an A7 save with a colonist in a cryptosleep pod I need it to test. I also need an A7 modded save, something that changes pawns, traits or thoughts.

I can't really ensure compatibility with mods that change traits or thoughts at the moment but I'll try. I'm thinking there's 2 real options for it, I can either display traits without a nice readable name (this becomes a minor problem with spectrum traits) or I can make a tool to allow you to dump traits from MOD xml's and read the dumped files in from a folder in the save editor's directory.

If I go with generically handling them you wouldn't be able to add mod traits/thoughts but would be able to remove them. A spectrum trait would be displayed differently as well. For example say you have slowpoke (vanilla trait) you'd see "SpeedOffset -1" as it's name or if you had fast walker it'd be "SpeedOffset 1" basically parsing the defName and degree as the readable name.

If I go with the external tool, I can't guarantee it'll work with all mod xml files unless A.) everyone follows the same standard for tagging (which theoretically they should) or B.) I give you, the user, control over what exactly is being parsed and that requires writing directions and people following them. Depending on how many people can follow explicit instructions (which from my experience is about 50% lol) it'd be easier to parse every potential mod myself.

I'm not just soapboxing with the info above either. I want to hear your opinions on what the best course of action is here. As far as my use of the tool it's complete but for you, the consumer, I need to know what you want and need from it. If anyone is experienced in programming please feel free to provide me ideas as alternatives for handling mod traits/thoughts.

nikodenoma

I'd suggest you go with the eternal tool, and hope for the best that everyone can start tagging in a standardized method.

As for the rest, with the recent update are you still needing A7 saves?

Neurotoxin

A7 or A8. But I don't really *need* them now. I got RW installed since then. Short reason I had asked: I have limited bandwidth (10gb/month unmetered between midnight and 5am) So I need to be sparing with what I use and saves are a good bit smaller than the whole game.

I'm working out a few kinks right now then it'll be ready for private testing. That said, anyone who would like to help out with private testing let me know. I've already got 2 people but a little more input would be great.

MrBlazzar

I'm always down to do some testing if you need it man. Would love to see this updated and working well.

Neurotoxin

Awesome, sent you a link to the current closed test copy. Just try and break a save in any way possible. Thanks.

Neurotoxin

Locking this thread in favor of a new more cleaned up one. Public test release will be released as soon as I'm done with a little more internal testing :).