More About Malaria

Started by Anan, November 23, 2020, 02:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anan

While Anopheles species are widespread, they breed only in warm weather, and they infect people with the malaria parasite only when breeding. Therefore it seems irrational for three of my colonists to come down with malaria on 1 Aprimay with an outside high temp of 56 degrees F. See also: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1186/s12936-016-1411-6

"However, malaria as a mosquito-borne disease is strongly influenced by climate variables (temperature, rainfall and humidity). It is well established that weather fluctuations significantly affect not only the life expectancy or completion of the life-cycle of the mosquito, but also the development of sporogonic stages of the malarial parasite within the mosquito's body [8, 10]. The biting rate and gonotrophic processes are also temperature dependent [7, 8, 11]. For these reasons, a qualitative relationship between the vector abundance and the climate variables can help to identify the peaks of the vector population through meteorological monitoring and forecast [8, 12]."

Ramsis

Did you mean to post this somewhere else? It's not exactly game bugs related..?
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Pheanox

I'm assuming this is another response in regards to your feature suggestion in regards to changing how malaria functions.  Your feature request has been noted, please do not spam the forum.