Cryptosleep Caskets Won't Build: Help! :'(

Started by Anan, November 25, 2020, 06:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anan

This is my first time building a starship. I've played several previous games in which I used the provided starship, but this time it's on the polar ice cap and I wasn't confident of surviving that environment for the requisite time. I have all the components finished except I'm missing the AI Core, but I can't get any cryptosleep caskets built. I've tried orienting them every which way, mostly up against the structural beams, but she's a no go. Note that I have removed the roof, which was in place while I was building the rest of the vessel (I put it up after laying down the blueprints, which seemed to work fine... until now). Am I screwed?

Canute

Hi,
you know you need to place the casket with the head toward the structural beam ?

Beside that the underground could prevent you to place them, like soft sand.

Maybe enable developer mode at the option, and use god mode to place a structural beam somewhere else and try to place a casket there, just to check if it working.
Since you enable developer mode, just open the log window (top left icon) and check if you got any errors (red text).

Anan

Thanks for your quick response! The ground type is "Soil (walk speed 87% fert 100%)". I'll try a concrete floor to see if that helps.

I'm a bit nervous messing around with "developer mode" but will try that next if no joy from concrete floor.

Canute

Soil is fine to build on.

Try to upload the safegame, since the filesize on the forum is very low, try to zip it or use an external file hoster.

Anan

A concrete floor was no help, but then I had a "D'oh!" moment: I had marked the roof for removal but not actually given a crew time to do the work, so it showed as clear but was actually intact. When that work was actually completed, my problem went away!

Canute