Raids stop due to System.NullReferenceException

Started by Fettzwerg, December 01, 2020, 10:24:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fettzwerg

Hi there I will follow the "How to Report" Thread an would be very happy if you could help me save my savegame:

After reaching a certain wealth raids stop to spawn, even when there is a quest that should spawn one. Also the game stutters quite a lot. The error log spits out an endless error code:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.RaidStrategyWorker.MinimumPoints (RimWorld.Faction faction, RimWorld.PawnGroupKindDef groupKind) [0x00000] in <d72310b4d8f64d25aee502792b58549f>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_Raid.AdjustedRaidPoints (System.Single points, RimWorld.PawnsArrivalModeDef raidArrivalMode, RimWorld.RaidStrategyDef raidStrategy, RimWorld.Faction faction, RimWorld.PawnGroupKindDef groupKind) [0x00037] in <d72310b4d8f64d25aee502792b58549f>:0
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.IncidentWorker_Raid.RimWorld.IncidentWorker_Raid.TryExecuteWorker_Patch0(RimWorld.IncidentWorker_Raid,RimWorld.IncidentParms)
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_RaidEnemy.TryExecuteWorker (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <d72310b4d8f64d25aee502792b58549f>:0
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.IncidentWorker.RimWorld.IncidentWorker.TryExecute_Patch2(RimWorld.IncidentWorker,RimWorld.IncidentParms)
  at RimWorld.ScenPart_CreateIncident.Tick () [0x00092] in <d72310b4d8f64d25aee502792b58549f>:0
  at RimWorld.Scenario.TickScenario () [0x00010] in <d72310b4d8f64d25aee502792b58549f>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x000a1] in <d72310b4d8f64d25aee502792b58549f>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I tried to remove some mods, but nothing changes.

Here is my github log: https://gist.github.com/faf05fc5780a55f7e5463f6cb9eb71d6

Thanks!

Canute

Hi,
to solve a problem at an ongoing safegame is very difficult or impossible for the player.
Mosttimes you can't just remove mods from it, because that would cause more trouble.

At the error msg. you see "IncidentWorker" and at the patches are many IncidentWorker from Rim of Magic.
So my suggestion, move Rim of Magic at the end of the modlist.
Beside that i can't give you any other advice. Maybe try to ask Oskar the author of from the Vanila expanded factions you use.

Fettzwerg

Hey,

thanks for your answer. I started a new game and the problem persists. I also reinstalled the game, because I got some yellow messages from the vampire and werewolf mods I uninstalled a while ago. I guess the rimworld of magic is broken?

Canute

Reinstalling can't solve the problem, since it is a mod problem.
And none of the msg. show that is something corrupt.

I don't think the msg. with vampire and werwolfs come from Rim of Magic, i think more at the Bones mod.
But yellow msg. are just warnings and can be ignored mosttimes.
I don't know what the latest update's of Rim of Magic do, but normaly that mod works well.

The log from the rimworld startup looks not bad.
Beside the 2 packageID msg., they are very curious.
Could you just delete Harmony and ModManager folder and reinstall them ?
When you use the workshop, unsubsribe and resubscribe, but i think you manualy installed them.

When you even got problems with raids in a new colony, you could use that.
Disable mods, start a new colony, use dev. tools to execute an raid until no error happen anymore.
You can start new test colony with the hugslib feature Quickstart, the top right icon.
To execute an raid, one of the top icons, Debug action, Do incident (map), Enemyraid.
Ofcouse you need to enable developer mode at the options if you didn't got it so far.

Fettzwerg

Thanks for the help! For some unkown reason Harmony and Modmanger had a local copy. I guess i misclicked in the modmanager. Deleting the file and resubbing didn't change anything tough. I'll try your suggested way but I fear the problem appears only after a few raids.

Fettzwerg

I think I found the problem  ::)

I made a custom scenario based on "rouge lord" of Vanilla Expanded Medieval Factions. I deleted the rough Kingdom reference and thought the instant raid condition would find another enemy to send. but it didn't

Canute

So Rimworld wanted to create an incident and can't find the reference, ok i didn't expect that.

If you want just a random raid, you should use Enemy raid instead, then you just get a random raid.

Fettzwerg

Thanks for all the help! Without you I would've given up :)