Smart Raider

Started by EmmaWayne, August 12, 2014, 12:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmmaWayne

huhuu :)
are we getting a smarter KI? AI? i dont know the word for it^^ :D

i know
"emma you dont have to build a deathpit or something like that"
but for now, it is one of the easiest ways to kill those raiders.

10 raiders = no prob... deathpit with a turret
20 raiders = no prob... more turrets, more guns
30 raider besiege = no prob more turrets, and a hell lot of mortar + sniper (yes the standart turrets wont do something here but why not)
and this goes on and on.

Modify message
i like the fight "face to face" but at some point (big base, many peeps, a hell lot of stuff) there is no way to survive without pit.
20 Raiders vs 15. i kill them all but loose to many peeps.
cassandra will bring another group of enemys (maybe 20? maybe 30? who knows :D) and with no luck i dont have a chance to recruit more peeps so i have to build a pit.

"uhm... emma? your goal is the ship!"
yes i know but in the meantime the raiders are not realy a challenge.

i mean, they smashing through the door... "50 turrets? hell yeah lets rush in here..." :/

instead of that, i think they have to say... "50 turrets... fuck it, im not going trough that door"
and than they destroy your walls, maybe throw a cocktail over the wall if there is no roof or start mining through the mountain until they get a way behind you...
or... evan better :D they build a com and call for help... one minute later some pods smashing right in to youre base

after that, you dont need to wall off your base and build a deathpit becaus it wont work and the storyteller dont have to spawn bigger raidergroups on the map.

it is just in alpha 5 now so i hope they getting way more tactics because i realy love this game :)

i know, my english is terrible but i hope you understand what im talking about :D
sorry :(

;P Emma
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

Jaxxa

Quote from: EmmaWayne on August 12, 2014, 12:16:12 AM
huhuu :)
are we getting a smarter KI? AI? i dont know the word for it^^ :D
AI would be the word for it. Standing for Artificial Intelligence.

And I have to agree that it would be nice to have raiders with some type of strategic direction.

Maybe if the game recorded a heat map of raider deaths they could weigh that against the effort to take alternative entrances. So after a few raids end badly they would start to explore alternatives.

Quote from: EmmaWayne on August 12, 2014, 12:16:12 AM
i know, my english is terrible but i hope you understand what im talking about :D
sorry :(

;P Emma

No problem, I can understand what you are talking about :)
Jaxxa

BetaSpectre

Instead of more raiders if we had smarter AI it'd be more fun.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO