Refugee Quest Error

Started by mostbrilliant1, November 28, 2020, 07:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mostbrilliant1

Hello,

Anytime I get this quest I am presented with this  : https://i.imgur.com/aEEMuxg.png

The enemies do spawn however the actual refugee in question never appears.

Not sure if this is a mod issue or what, but I have looked over my mods and nothing really changed since 1.1. I am a returning player so I figured it would be best to post this on the forum, as I can't find a single article on google related to this specific error.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Canute

Hi,
i think it could have 2 reasons.
1. old version files.
2. mod issue

Activate Developer mode at the options.
Deactivate all mods (maybe beside Harmony and hugslib) start a new colony (when you got hugslib use the top right icon Quickstart to generate a test colony).
Use the top icon Debug action, Generate Quest, Hospitality_Refuges  to start the refuge quest.

When the still got the same error's at the quest text it is case 1.
Then delete at your Rimworld installation the Data folder, check the Mods folder if you got a folder Core and delete it too.
Then reinstall/repair the game.
Maybe delete at the Saved data location (there is a button at the Option menu) the Config folder too.

But when it is a mod issue, it will be harder to find.
Be sure a mod don't throw out error's after activation. Maybe you just missing a required mod but mosttimes the mod don't work correct anyway and you shouldn't use it.
You can activate some mods you think that change anything with events/quests/faction/race and check with a new test colony if anything change with the text.