Interface initializing then black screen

Started by Brady819, November 27, 2020, 06:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brady819

Hello. I've tried to get support from multiple sources and I'm not finding a solution to this problem. I've had the game for a while but I stopped playing for various reasons. I try to go play it today and I see the titlescreen background and a box pop up saying Interfaceinitize or something along those lines. After that it goes to a black screen where I only see the cursor. I've tried doing a fresh install. Deleted the registry and moving it to a different drive. I play off of steam and I'm at a lose for what to do. I've even tried to go to previous versions. No dice. I will post my file when I get a reply. I love the game and wish to play it again. Miss the music and random shenanigans that ensue when enormous raids happen. I want my rimworld back.

Wiss

Do you play with mods ? Or did you save your game with mod you do not have anymore ?
This happen to me when I run a modded save without mods

Canute

Brady819,
did you played an older rimworld version before like 1.0 and then update to 1.2 ?
There was an unity engine upgrade, and it require now some higher videocard requirements, not much but many very old card (mostly integrated ones) don't work anymore with it.
You should try to update the video driver, since i didn't saw that at your list.

If that didn't help try to post your logfile.
Read
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0
to locate the logfile for your OS and attach the file (player.log) to your answer.
You need to use the Reply button first to see file attachment options.

Brady819

He's the log file. I tired updating the driver, deleting the config file, validated windows, all the drivers are up to date and tried to validate the files through steam. Told me one file couldn't be restored but it didn't do anything different when I opened the game up. I saw that graphics cards could be the issue with the new update in other posts but I don't think thats the issue. Could easily be but not too sure.

Canute

QuoteException saving data object Verse.ModsConfig+ModsConfigData: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Users\Brady\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Config\ModsConfig.xml" is denied.

Look's like Rimworld can't open/read/save the ModsConfig.xml
- try to delete these file, you can restore the modlist from a safegame or just rebuild it.
- try to check the rights of the whole saved data folder, that they arn't write protected and your current use can read/write there.
If you don't know about right managment, just try to delete the whole folder "Ludeon Studios" if you got savegame you would like to rescue, copy them first.

Brady819

Thank you so much. Deleting the mod file fixed it immediately. If anyone else had this issue delete the file and you should be good to go. Hopefully. Seems like there are multiple causes for this issue. I appreciate the help. I know a bit of code but the whole file overwhelmed me. Appreciate the timely help. Back to the randomness of Randy Random for me. :)