[1.1 / Royalty] Caravan getting irreversibly stuck duo to psychic droner

Started by iforgotmysocks, February 29, 2020, 02:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iforgotmysocks

Hey guys,

savegame is modded lightly, but i removed all mods, loaded it up and the issue still happens.

Issue: Having a psychic droner (may probably also be caused by other aoe structures) on a different tile but in effect range of the player's base and abandoning that base while caravaning to a new location causes the caravan to get stuck. The effect can't be reverted unless loading a previous save, in case the player deleted the base while still being too close to it (within 2 tiles) to create a new one.

Savegame can be downloaded here: (It'll be necessary to drop a few items from the caravan in order to test, upon removal of mods the caravan will be overweighted at first)
https://mega.nz/#!sMhX1QTb!SnH6IjlZk4fiZEgtXLIbc0ZXKBN2TH-VR0IxTmT9ObA

Yozarian22

I just ran into the exact same thing, on version 1.2.2753  Psychic Droner pirates, I packed up and moved out of range, and then abandoned the old settlement.  Now my caravan is stuck, won't move, and even while resting the colonists gain no rest and won't eat.

I tried using the Shuttle ride permit to get unstuck.  The shuttle appears and stays stuck on the same tile the caravan had been on. 

Pheanox

Yozarian: Are you playing a modded version of RimWorld?  Could you apply a save game of this occuring?

Edit: I am not able to reproduce this in Vanilla, so a save would be helpful if this is a vanilla bug.

lapdog

I've had the exact same problem.

Wasn't sure at first if it was my fault, due to all the mental breaks etc or the droner itself. I am now several days away and it still causes a problem. If I abandon a base (leaving me with zero bases) the caravan stops, nobody eats, everyone eventually dies over the course of several days. I've forced them to rest, mucked around with food restrictions, tried to reroute - nothing works. I have double checked all food restrictions etc.

The only workaround I have is to keep the old base up till I have settled in a new area. I'm planning to turn around and take out the droner at some point just to get rid of this problem as it is inconvenient for my nomads, but will take a while as there is now a toxic spewer in the way...

Has anyone tried dev mode deleting the droner? Can you do that?

Mods (from memory) ; Royalty , replace items, numbers, numbers add on, simple sidearms, dinosaurs, doormats, embrasures, allow tool, search, map, .... some of the Fluffy mods

Pheanox

Alright, I was able to reproduce this bug, thank you for the report.