I'm not getting any quests. please help!

Started by Mohmi, December 20, 2020, 04:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mohmi

Hello,

I just bought the steam-version of the game and immediately subscribed to like 20 mods. Everything was fun and games until I noticed, that i didn't got a single quest after quite some time. I unsubscribed from all mods, reinstalled the game several times, deleted the AppData-folder and so on. basicaly I did everything that is described in this thread: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4805.0

Even reinstalling the game on a different harddrive or starting it on a completly different computer doesn't fix the problem.
Is there any way someone can help me? Is it possible for someone to look over my savefile of the game or is there some kind of logfile I could share with you?

I really love the game but without even getting the usual beginning quests, which tell me how to leave the planet or giving me the chance to get psycast-abilities it's just not worth playing :(

Canute

Hi,
when you use mods, be sure no mod throw out errors.
To see the log window you need to enable the developer mode at the options.
Then the top left icon open it, if it doesn't popup itself.
Red text are errors.
Maybe deactivate all mods, then slowly reactivate them, to notice if a mod made errors or not.
Don't forget that some mods need other mods to work, but normaly you should see that at the Mods window.

Mohmi

Thanks for your reply. I will look for the log, maybe I can find something there.

Otherwise I already unsubscribed from everything and reset my game in every possible way i know of. But even with a new installation and without a single mod i can't get any quests.
To clarify: Everything works 100%. I didn't get a single error-message or anything alike, since i bought the game. I can start a new colony wihout problems and I reliably get events like visitors, mad animals, drop-pods, raids etc. The only thing that doesn't seem to work is the quest-system. I can wait for days and weeks without getting a single quest.

Canute

QuoteBut even with a new installation and without a single mod i can't get any quests.
When you even get problems without mods, something is wrong with the installation.
The stupid uninstall procedure don't delete anything just the latest installations files. Since the filestructure get changed sometimes from version to version old version files still could be left and cause problems.
Try to delete the whole rimworld installation and let steam repair or reinstall it.

Then try again if you can get quests (without mods).

Kaiser09

I'm still having the same identical issue, no quests at all.
I have uninstalled and re-installed the game several times, deleted all the folder and even the registry keys related. tried with some mods or no mods at all, nothing.
I can start the colony and everything seems working as usual, but the quests do not come.
The log in the develop mode does not show any red error.

Mohmi

Well at least I'm not alone. I got the feeling that I'm the only one with this issue.
Today I thought about deleting my steam cloud files of Rimworld but I couldn't make it work. If you didn't already try that maybe give it a shot and let me know, if you can achieve something.