Agents of the enemy!

Started by UrbanBourbon, August 12, 2014, 02:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your opinion of the 'enemy agent' event?

Never seen it before.
13 (37.1%)
It's acceptable or better.
4 (11.4%)
I don't like it or worse than that.
6 (17.1%)
I like the concept but it needs adjustment.
12 (34.3%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Darkfirephoenix

Maybe give some ppl traits like "Loyal" and "Illoyal". "Loyal" colonist could only turn if their loyality is EXTREMELY low, "Illoyal" colonist could turn even with a higher amount of loyality (let's say like this: "Loyal" needs to be lower than 25%, "normal" needs lower than 50% and "Illoyal" needs lower than 75% to be able to turn into an enemy, but only after some time with an "warning debuff" as HatesYourFace has suggested
Quote from: HatesYourFace on August 12, 2014, 09:09:49 PM
Or maybe just make his morale low for a few days with a "Thinking of defecting" Debuff. That way maybe we could notice his unusually low morale, check his mood and say "Ah hah! I better jail this guy or improve his mood big time!" (Improving his mood significantly should keep him from defecting, providing a way to "deal" with the event.)

Jane Doe Chainsaw

I very much like this event. I was ecstatic when I thought during a siege, one of my colonist mortared my friendly units before defecting and taking off to go join his fellow siegers. Turned out to be completely coincidental.

I would like to see that kind of detail for this event, though. Like during a siege, the colonist would try some sort of sabotage before trying to escape to rendezvous with his pals outside the walls. Be it shelling your colonist, setting a fire, freeing your prisoners. Something like that. And after he joins his cohorts, that would give ample time to go try and get him back.

I do agree that it should be one of your newer colonist as to keep a frustration level down if you do happen to lose them in the heat of battle... Or not. Maybe it was THE LONG CON.

Quote from: REMworlder on August 12, 2014, 06:10:48 PM
The event could be really neat if it had some depth added to it, like maybe if the agent wouldn't actually shoot (keep missing) anyone of his native tribe or vice-versa.

This is also really good. Subtle things to give you hints before they turn on you. Maybe you should be able to interrogate colonist if you suspect they could be traitors. There could be a drop in moral if they are wrongfully accused.
-J.D.C.

LuciferNZ

Quote from: Tynan on August 12, 2014, 05:26:09 PM
Yeah, I may cut this event.
Possibility of having a customisable Director?  For example Chill Cass - or Chill Cass custom, which takes you to an extra screen to tweak the directors... uhm... direction (IE, a list of events, max pop, time till dificulty ramp up for those who want to play 'sandbox' etc etc)

Id imagine these things are coming in the future, so I personally wouldnt want you to cut ANYTHING out, but allow things to be enabled/disabled ;)

ckennedy2

I always wondered if the "Agents of the enemy!" could happen to player starting colonists (colonists who "founded" the colony)

Limdood

Quote from: ckennedy2 on July 03, 2019, 01:33:31 PM
I always wondered if the "Agents of the enemy!" could happen to player starting colonists (colonists who "founded" the colony)
You necro'd a 5 year old thread bout an event that completely no longer exists in the game...

FleshEater

I was reading and going what the hell?? I've never had one of these on my games!
...5 year old thread.  They should automatically be locked.

Kirby23590

Man it's weird that this thing came back in 2019 somehow.... Even though it doesn't exist anymore and it's cut out in 1.0...

I don't think it would be a good event and doesn't make sense if the agent in question is your starting pawns and founders of the colony...

This 5 year old thread needs to go get locked or it might get brought back up again in 2077 even it's even not part of the game...  :P

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Haplo

Ok, I play this card.. and will lock it now 8)