Returning to the Glitterworlds.

Started by michoglen63, December 30, 2020, 05:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michoglen63

So a question that's been bugging me. What happens to the colonists who make it back to the glitterworld?

The quiet construction worker comes back a trained killer, with archotech arms and legs. People gonna start asking questions.

Do they re-adapt to high society? Or become the next rich explorers trying to get back to the rim?

Alenerel

I read somewhere that glitterworlds are completely hedonistic, with orgies and all kinds of pleasures going on. If the warp existed, they would breed Slaanesh in minutes.

So because of this, I dont think they would give the slightest shit about your 6 bionic limbs.

Even more, if you went with archotech limbs they wouldnt even question it, but if you went with bionics they would probably think "look at this simpleton with this old technology lol"

kclace

It's your story. But I think it's always good to think about what kind of people your pawns are and what motivates them.

My pawns rarely ever leave the rim world. They calculate that the risks of trying to leave and then the risks of space travel often outweigh the risks of staying put.

Sample Goals/Ideas For Pawn Motivations: MODS will be needed to accomplish some of these. (Most pawns will have the first three goals. It takes a certain special kind of pawn to want more).

1. Falling in love
2. Having children and raising a family
3. Being Wealthy and Comfortable
4. Getting revenge on a hostile faction or a particular person.
5. Shaping the destiny of a rimworld by purging it of certain factions. (Or maybe just a region within the rimworld)
6.  Helping a preferred faction achieve dominance over the rimworld.
7. Ascending the ranks of Imperial Nobility (Satisfies the need to dominate and control others)
8. Traveling to another world (hey some people just want to travel)
9. Living on a space ship.
10. Achieving Immortality/Living Forever.

SeminarCaviar

Quote from: Alenerel on December 31, 2020, 03:43:29 PM
I read somewhere that glitterworlds are completely hedonistic, with orgies and all kinds of pleasures going on. If the warp existed, they would breed Slaanesh in minutes.

So because of this, I dont think they would give the slightest shit about your 6 bionic limbs.

Even more, if you went with archotech limbs they wouldnt even question it, but if you went with bionics they would probably think "look at this simpleton with this old technology lol"
Yes, I can agree with this.

frankgale1

I don't think we will ever know. I like to believe that the best everything you can imagine happens for them. I read somewhere an idea that they become storytellers. Love it!