What are the best mods that are not overpowered?

Started by johnverno38, December 31, 2020, 06:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnverno38

I have about 1k hours in the game and I am no stranger to the Rim but I've never used a single mod, excluding trivial ones like "trading spot" from back in the day when killbox was the most tempting place for caravans to set up the camp. Anyways, I think the time has come and I am ready to mix it up a bit. What mods would you recommend that introduce new content or mechanics (no, I know what you are thinking about, not that mod, please) but at the same time are not overpowered. Basically I want something new and fun but keep it challenging and interesting (i.e. not huge mega weapons that vaporize anything).

If nothing comes up, I'll just start a jungle colony, never had one! It's amazing how much replayability even the basic vanilla has.

AncientGammoner

All the vanilla expanded mods (https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1884025115), that alone is like several expansions worth of content. 

And Save Our Ship 2 (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1909914131) for a real endgame.

adwarfnamedduck

I would also highly recommend Hot Seat - it simply adds random chances to swap out the storytellers each event, quadrum, and year, all of which are adjustable. It really keeps you on your toes. You can choose which storytellers to include, also. Personally I find Cassandra too predictable and Randy a little directionless and this is the solution.

Grim Reality is a good mix up of mood modifiers too, not perfect (though it's quite subjective) but more realistic than the original

Albion

I can highly recommend Go Explore since it adds additional events. Same goes for the vanilla expanded event mod.
Also Sparkling Worlds. It introduces some stuff that some people think of as overpowered but I try to keep it as vanilla friendly as possible and you can always just use the events module instead of the Full mod.

If you are not using the Royalty DLC I can also recommend the hospitality mod.

Apart from that I mostly use quality of life mods like animal logic, ignore me passing, rim fridge and bionic icons.
Also prepare carefully which can be overpowered but depends on your usage.